This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not wearring shoes!!!!!!!

Hokay, I work at a Wal-Mart where we, like almost every other store have a shoes and shirt required rule for safety and hygenic reasons. Well this one chick who had her daughter w/her just didn't get it, prepare yourselves people her comes a pretty bad SC:
    SC: Sucky customer or shoeless chick
    G: greeter
    CSM: CSM
    M: manager
    ME: me
    Gsees woman and daughter w/ no shoes) Excuse me ma'am, I'm afraid that we have to ask you to put shoes on.
    SC: WHAT???????????????????
    G: You must whwre shoes in the store.
    SC: WHY???? I want to see a supervisor, you n----er, your peple don't tell my people what to do we tell you what to do.(G signals to CSM)
    CSM: What's up?
    Gremarakably composed): This lady is not wearing shoes and refuses to put any on.
    CSM: Well, ma'am I'm afraid we require shoes in our store .
    SC: You What?? That's outrageous!!! I wanna see a manager!!!!!(CSM pages manager)
    M: What's going on?
    SC: They're telling me I have to wear shoes in your store!!!
    m: Well, that's the truth, you do have to wear shoes.
    SC: You are discriminating against people who don't wear shoes!!!! I'm calling the media and my lawyer, and i am GOING INTO THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!
    M: Not w/o shoes
    ME: I'll get some clearance flip-flops for 'em (they're a buck a pair)
    SC: Yeah, by, them you f---g child molestor.
    ME: okay..
    M: You can't talk to our associates like that, you do it again and your gone(he didn't know about the racial epithet, neither did the CSM)
    SC: YOU wouldn't dare throw me out!
    M: You say anything like that again and you bet we will.(he gets paged for a shoplifter and scoots)
    I hand the flip-flops to the CSM who gives them to the customer
    Well, anyway, they did their shopping and ended up in at my register. as they are leaving they say these lovely parting words: SC: God's gonna kill you you f-g, there better not be no AIDS on these shoes I know all of your kind has AIDS, your mama should have aborted you!!!!!!
    ME:<sob>

Well, after that delightful person i just wanted to cry, and the CSM, saw this and took over my register.(fortunatley the next customers were cool and said they'd sign a statement detailing what they heard and that they didn't blame me and thought I provided good service)
    While I was recovering, the manager asked what they said to me, i told him and he immediatly banned the SC. She did come in again and was told she was banned and the reason. then this exchange
    SC: There wre no other employees it's just that f-g's word against wine and I have kids!!!
    M: Wrong, we have a statement signed by customers and security camera footage, if you do not leave right now I'll call the cops.
    SC: This store is godless!!!! You all will pay at judgement day!!!!!!
    M: Just Leave.
    SC: NO
    M:<nto walkie> call the cops
    Well the cops show up and she is made to leave as she does so, i appear, back from lunch, she hurls a shoe(!) at me it misses and strikes a cop, who is now kinda mad, and says go or your under arrest. Well, SC doesn't go and instead hurls her other shoe(!) at me, and this one too strikes the cop.
    End result: The lady and daughter wre arrested and banned and I was given a small raise for providing good customer service throughout the ordeal.

Oh, and you'l never guess what she bought, wait for it wait for it.. SHOES!!!!!
    Last edited by Crow The Robot; 07-17-2006, 06:44 AM.

I.....don't even know what to say...

I am so sorry you had to deal with that. I'm even more sorry when I posted on the most recent old board, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" one, where I ranted about shoeless/shirtless people in my store. Sure, people would get fussy, but no one ever called me anything.

I am really sorry...I'm glad you had a very understanding manager, I am even more happy that your next customers understood and thought highly of you. I'm glad that in the end, she ended up banned.

People like that have no business in public.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Dang... sorry to hear that happened. I don't know what the deal is with people anymore (I can guess that it has alot to do with substance abuse though.) See the way we do it at my store (a Home Depot nonetheless) is to stop serving the customer if they make it personal. The last time a customer got personal with an associate the assistant manager told the gentleman to apologize, when the guy got in his face, I paged our code for a violent customer basically and there came 10 people in orange aprons to kick the guy out Who needs police

Comment

You have a spine of steel, Crow! You are wonderful. How you stood up to that b*tch, I just don't know. Kick ass. You deserve the raise & you deserve a ton of kudos for standing up to her! ROCK!
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Major kudos to you. I seriously don't think I would have been able to control myself. You don't get paid enough to put up with that.
          And what kind of moron don't wear shoes in a store???? EWW!!
          "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

Damn, that is just wrong on so many levels. It didn't happen to me, and yet I'm still
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I HATE people that call themselves Christians like that. The people that act like that and call themselves christian are no more christian than the little kids who dress up on Halloween to get candy are satanists. I LOVE putting people like that in their place because I AM a Christian.

I nominate this for a war story.
              "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Poor you, having to go thru all that. *hugs* What a bitch! I'm glad she got banned and arrested, serves her right for being so nasty.

We have a policy on people having to wear shirts and shoes, but I've never had anyone have a go at me over it. I don't even know how I'd react in a situation like that.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

What an evil bitch! I don't usually say someone is evil, but she is. At least she got what she had coming to her. Gotta love karma!
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Wow -- that person must have some sort of serious mental defect. I'm glad you were able to keep your composure through all of that.

Why do people not understand it is not your God-given right to enter into a store. You can be banned, at our store it is by giving a trespass letter?

I hope this woman gets the book thrown at her

Comment

at the rate she was going, it would have happened, literaly!
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Words cannot begin to describe that woman. Glad to know that karma came and smacked her around a bit, and that you got a raise out of it. And you handled it MUCH better than I ever would have.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MadMike
                          Damn, that is just wrong on so many levels. It didn't happen to me, and yet I'm still
                          Same here. I am angry on your behalf, and your coworkers. None of you deserved that abuse.

Great example that hag is setting for her children. If you don't get your way, shoot off some slurs, invoke religion and throw things! I sincerely hope those kids were so embarrassed by Mommie Dreariest that they rebel and become Nice Customers who always wear shoes and are the models of politeness and civility.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Damn, sorry that you had to go through that. I am glad the shoes hit the cop, and hauled her ass to jail.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

What a beeyotch. Sorry you had to go through that! I would NOT have kept my cool after the first racial epithet. You are a far, far better person than I.

Comment

Working...
                              X