This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    If a person's game console does not work properly, that to me is not grounds for refunding one their money.
    As someone who works in a brick-and-mortar game store, this is absolutely true. It isn't my fault that you bought a game for your broken system. Also, you are saying that your system is broken. How am I to know that is the truth? Anyone can say that, but that's a lot of people who don't know their system is broken before they buy a game.

Of course, all I tell people is that I can't process a refund because of that. They try to get upset (sometimes) and those people get referred to the manager. The people who don't get upset get some good deals on their next couple visits.

Comment

Quoth Hobgoblin View Post
      As someone who works in a brick-and-mortar game store, this is absolutely true. It isn't my fault that you bought a game for your broken system. Also, you are saying that your system is broken. How am I to know that is the truth? Anyone can say that, but that's a lot of people who don't know their system is broken before they buy a game.

Of course, all I tell people is that I can't process a refund because of that. They try to get upset (sometimes) and those people get referred to the manager. The people who don't get upset get some good deals on their next couple visits.
      Good! Someone who works in this industry. I am so certain that you deal with this every day, people buying games and then saying they don't work and want not an exchange for one of equal value, or the same, but their money back. I said this before, but Babbage's was one of the first places who implemented a policy against this. Before CD ROM, games where on those plastic discs, and you downloaded the game. No CD was required to play the game once it was downloaded, and after one downloaded these games, you could return them and claim they were no good, getting free games! It's awful for the poor person who has a legitimate claim, and they have to be treated like the dishonest customer.

In my case, with all the different stories this buyer of mine has told me, I am more than convinced this lady is not being honest with me, and I'm just doing what a computer store would do. Not make it easy for her to do it again.

Comment

Working...
      X