This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wannabe thief entertains us all

So I'm standing in the doorway of the wine shop on Sunday when I see a customer run into the grocery store. She grabs a cart guy in the lobby and says, "There's a woman trying to load up one of your rocks into the trunk of her car!"

The store parking lot has these huge polished rocks positioned at the corners...its hard to explain, but they provide sort of a decorative way of guiding traffic. I know for a fact that rocks this size are incredibly expensive in our area, especially the polished granite-looking ones. People like to use them for landscaping.

So the cart guy leads the woman over to the customer service desk (out of my line of sight and hearing). A minute later, they come back into the lobby followed by a CSM. The three of them head over to the windows and look at where the customer is pointing out into the parking lot. I glanced around, saw no imminent wine-buyers, and headed over to the windows to join them.

There's this woman in the parking lot attempting to lift a rock that had to weigh half a ton into the back of an SUV. Obviously a no-go. A minute later a man, presumably her husband, comes out of the store and tries to help. Shockingly (), the two were still unable to lift it.

Finally the cart guy says "Should we say something to them?" Shelley, the CSM, replies, "No. They're not going anywhere. Let's just stand here and laugh and point at them."

And so we did. At some point I looked behind me and saw that a crowd of shoppers had gathered, all laughing uproariously at the stupidest attempted crime we had ever laid eyes on. I didn't know who would get a hernia first - the couple for their ill-conceived heist, or me for busting a gut laughing.

The woman and her husband eventually noticed us, froze in place for a second, then hopped into the SUV and tore out of the parking lot.

The customer who reported the attempted theft received a gift card for her kindness.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Bwahaha!

I REALLY hope that somebody in the crowd had a camera phone. I'd love to point and laugh at these two idiots via YouTube.

Comment

I would pay to have been there
      "Reverse racism" lol

Comment

I'd have called the police to report an attempted robbery. Just imagine it! They set out to steal a rock and end up getting arrested for leading a car chase.

Comment

Working...
        X