This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero to SC in 2.7 Seconds

I remember (and I don't know how I remember) learning a vocabulary word in 5th grade. It was "mercurial: characterized by rapid and unpredictable changes of moods." That perfectly describes the woman I met today.

I approached her and asked if I could help. She already had a couple of movies and a clock radio in a basket in one hand and our weekly ad in the other hand. She used this ad as a reference for everything she was interested in.

Woman: Oh, yes. You have this memory card on sale. Can you help me find it?
    Me: Sure. Here you are.
    Woman: Oh, thank you. And what about this video game?
    Me: I think so... Ah, yes, hiding behind these others.
    Woman: That's perfect. I also need an ink cartridge for this printer model. I bought it a month ago, and we just went crazy printing our photos.
    Me: Let me see... Oh, it takes this cartridge, which is... here.
    Woman: Thanks!
    Me: Anything else I can help you with?
    Woman: Well, I'm also looking for a laptop. You had one in your ad for $399. Do you still have that?
    Me: No, sorry. We've sold out of that one. I can see if I can ord--
    Woman: F*** YOU!

And with that, she dumped the products in her basket onto the ground, flung the basket on top of them, and stomped (that's right, stomped) all the way from the computer department to the front doors and out of the store.

I just stood there stunned until some other customer said to me, "The holiday season sure brings out the best in people, doesn't it?"

I was simply amazed that someone could be so nice and friendly, then suddenly turn vicious when something doesn't go exactly the way he or she wants it to.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Ugh. Those people are the reason the "0 to B***h in 2.5 seconds" stickers exist. Because it's TRUE. (Some people should be made to wear those stickers across their foreheads.)
    "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
    "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
    ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Wowsers.

That was just freakin' scary!
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

I WISH a cop had witnessed that. Hello, disorderly conduct. People act like that because they believe there won't be consequences and there usually aren't.
        Last edited by LifeCarnie; 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM.
        Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

That sounded more like some sort of mental illness than simple suckiness.... schizophrenic perhaps?
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I was simply amazed that someone could be so nice and friendly, then suddenly turn vicious when something doesn't go exactly the way he or she wants it to.
            I take it you havent met my ex-wife yet. She lives next door to you in Arizona.

Comment

She made like her personality....and split.
              Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

I think she's probably got a few loose screws in there.

Not necessarily schizophrenia, though. Schizophrenics are no more likely than the average person to be verbally abusive.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I have seen people like that. they will ask one person for a sold out item and be told sorry so they then will ask super nice to another associate hoping that if they are super nice and get some other things you will be able to magically make the sold out item appear. When they are again told it is sold out then there efforts where no good so they get pissed and storm out.

Comment

Maybe not schizophrenia. Bi-polar?
                    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

No matter what it is, but if I were HawaiianShirts, I would have to try and get my eyes in my sockets again after that attitude...

Comment

Yeeeeeah. That's kind of a "...did...that really happen...?"
                        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Nah, jester said it best. "Fucked in the head", seriously, some people are just assholes, stop trying to put legitimate labels on people!

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            Nah, jester said it best. "Fucked in the head", seriously, some people are just assholes, stop trying to put legitimate labels on people!
                            Thank you. And thanks for remembering...haven't used that one in months.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
                              Maybe not schizophrenia. Bi-polar?
                              Um, definitey not. Us manic-depressives usually have slow, gradual changes, and mania is really fast cheer, energy, and insomnia. "Mercutial" is not a symptom, and abusive/violent behavior is no more likely in us than in the general population.
                              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X