Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Suckiness and Stupidness from my New Job (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Suckiness and Stupidness from my New Job (long)

I've just start a new job at Panera's three weeks ago. Here are a few moments I've had in those three weeks that I would like to share.

- My coworker is asked to clean the bagel slicer in the middle of the evening, but has to run back to his register every 5 minutes, so the slicer ends up being out of commission for a few hours. During this time, a lady orders a dozen and a half bagels...Aaaand wants them sliced. I inform her that our slicer is currently in pieces and I'd have to hand slice them all. Her daughter attempts to convince her that they can slice them, but noooo, "They're too hard, could you pleeease?" *glare* And I didn't even get a tip...Honestly...

- A man asks if I'm "murried" and if he can be my Santa. *shudder*

- The Principle! Our prices just changed recently and we haven't changed all of our signage. Man buys a Jones Soda. Complains that he was changed $2.25 when the sign says $1.95. Manager apologizes and says he'll give him the difference back. No muss no fuss. Man says it's not about the money, it's about the principle. If it's not about the money, then why freak out about it?!

- A Spanish man tells my Spanish-speaking coworker that he "likes the white American girl" (me) in front of his Spanish-speaking girlfriend.

- I was working dining room one night which entailed making sure the coffee was fresh, refilling napkins, condiments, etc, cleaning tables, and, as a courtesy, clearing dirty trays from customer tables when I notice they're done. This is essentially a fast food restaurant and this service we provide is a COURTESY, we still expect you to clean your own damn table if we can't get to you! I don't know how many times I picked up a table full of trash that night because the customer was too lazy, stupid, or entitled to do it themselves.

- "What are your soups tonight?" *Points to orange signs above my head*

- We have a U Pick 2 combo: a half salad, half sandwich, or bowl or soup. You pick TWO of these THREE. I've had people try several times to pick all three items! *palmface*

- The combo has three prices depending on what you get: $6.19 (two cafe items), $6.79 (one signature item, one cafe item), or $7.29 (two signature items) (prices approximate). One lady last night COULD NOT understand this concept AT ALL. I was forced to explain it no less than five times while gesturing wildly at the board behind me. I still don't think the woman understood...

- "I'd like two dozen plain bagels." *looks at bagels behind her* "We only have one plain left." This was at 6:00 PM.

I Love the you pick two from Panera! I swear I live off that stuff. Seriously, how can you get that wrong? Here's a list of things, you...pick...two.

Silly customers.
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Mmmmmm Jones Soda

Now I have to leave early and swing by Albertson's to get a pack of the Blue Bubblegum Jones Soda

Comment

Ahh Panera, I miss that job.

Ok, not really.. I worked in the snobby section of town and got sick of all the entitlement whores.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post

- A Spanish man tells my Spanish-speaking coworker that he "likes the white American girl" (me) in front of his Spanish-speaking girlfriend.
          Tis is kinda off topic but your comment reminded me of it. A couple years ago I went was at a fast food restraunt that only had one person there that spoke english. After I placed my order and was waiting for my food the one english speaking person walks up to me and puts down a peice of paper telling me that they need my name and phone number when I asked why she said cause the guys working the grills thought I was cute . They can't even speak english and they want my number and talk about unprofessional, I would have asked for a manager if it wheren't for the fact the only english speaking person in the store was the manager.

Comment

I just had lunch at Panera yesterday. Sooooo good! I wish they bottled and sold the dressing for their Harvest Orchard salad!
            The people there are always so nice, and the bread is so good!

The only thing I would change is having the ordering menus closer to the wait line...so we could see what we wanted to order before getting to the head of the line. It's probably just the way that particular store is laid out....
            I no longer fear HELL.
            I work in RETAIL.

Comment

i scared my mom the other day by coming home with a CASE of jones..... oh and now i want cranberry broccili salad (its a deli thing)

Comment

Boyfriend ordered a sampler of the Jones Hanukkah sodas. I'm in LOVE with the Chocolate Coins flavor. It's so sweet! He barely tolerated it. lol

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                  The only thing I would change is having the ordering menus closer to the wait line...so we could see what we wanted to order before getting to the head of the line. It's probably just the way that particular store is laid out....
                  All of the Paneras in my area have the menu posted above the cashiers' heads, so you really can't read them until you get to the head of the line. Fortunately, they all have menu pamphlets you can read in the line or take home with you. I have one in my desk drawer and my family decides what we want before we even leave home. I guess you could keep one in your car, too.
                  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Today's Highlights:

- Our computers went down...Twice. The first time for 10 minutes the second time for about 20. People would come up and say, "Well I just want some soup," or "Well I can pay with cash!" The system is down! Our drawers WON'T OPEN! AT ALL! I would gladly take your cash, but I cannot give you change! And of course, people got pissed at me, because apparently, it's all my fault. grr...

- My wonderful and slightly spastic GM left today. He felt as though he didn't have enough training to be a GM yet, so he went to another store. So sad. New BOss Man ain't too bad. A bit stricter, but still a decent dude.

- Man was at the store when our computers went down. Bitched and whined before leaving. Came back three hours later saying that because we "made him come back all this way" he should get something for free. *glare* I didn't MAKE you do anything. You are apparently unable to provide any type of nourishment for yourself and felt the need to drive "all the way" back to a place that you knew was having computer problems (luckily they were back up, but they could've have still been broke - then where would you be??).

- Lady comes in twenty minutes after closing (leaving customers unlocked the door and we didn't relock it, our mistake). I tell her we're closed. She says she *just* wanted to buy bread. I look at the completely empty bakery. I tell her there is no money in the registers and they are locked down. Lady stomps out in a huff. *sigh*

Princess: I feel your pain. *huggles*

I adore the Jones soda too. Cream Soda is marvelous!!

Comment

I love Panera. I have considered working there but the one near my house seems to be frequented by soem of the rudest most impatient business types who see no problem complaining when i take more than 15 seconds to order, but will gladly carry on a cell phone call while the cashier is trying to get their order.

Comment

Working...
                      X