This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming about SCs yet again...

and this dream I didn't handle it well at all.

(I just got up from a nap. Now that I'm back on third shift I take a three-hour nap in the afternoon and evening)

The setting was a bookstore. Like a Barnes and Noble type place. I'm browsing the books when a family of four comes in. A mother, father, daughter and very young son, about 3 or 4 years old.

As I'm looking at the books, the son starts running around like a bat out of hell, screaming and then starts pushing and shoving me.

Me: (to parents) Excuse me, could you please watch your son?
    Parents: He's not hurting anything.

I go back to browsing. Son starts pushing and shoving me again.

Me: Could you please keep your son with you?
    Parents: Hey, don't tell us how to raise our kid, okay?
    Me: I'm not going to ask you again.

They go someplace else and I think I'm going to be left alone. Yeah right. The kid comes back, tosses books at me, and bites me on the leg!

I lose it. I pick the kid up and find his parents.
    Me: YOUR F-ING KID JUST BIT ON THE F-ING LEG! WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PARENTS ARE YOU!
    Parents: (to son): Now now, don't let the angry man ruin your fun...
    me: FUN!? WHAT ABOUT MY FUN TO GO SHOPPING HERE WITHOUT YOUR DAMN SPAWN PUSHING ME AND SHOVING ME AND BITING ME! YOU KNOW WHAT, GO F YOURSELVES!

And with that, I toss the book I have in my hand at the father, striking him the forehead, and storm out while waving both naughty fingers in the air....

and then I awoke.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

What a horrible nightmare...I hope it's not an omen of your next shift!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

gah! thats a scary dream! thats would have me waking up screaming.

the worst dream ive ever had about work was that i was on a never ending shift where i rang through a never ending line of customers.

i guess i was talking in my sleep that night. i kept asking my boyfriend if he wanted any bags and to have a good day.
      it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

Now what are we going to do, we can't even escape them in our sleep. Oh the humanity.
        Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Now that's when you know that sucky customers are starting to get to you, when stay in your head even outside the workplace.
          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I have nightmares just about every night right now, and most of them are about work.

The one that stands out as most recent was one, in an abridged telling, where I was stuck at work for 10 hours after my shift ended. Every time I reached for the time clock I was horded off by another customer and I just couldn't say no.

"Please we came here just to talk to you, you helped our daughter!"

"I need a computer man!"

"I HAVE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR 10 FUCKING MINUTES YOU CUNT!"

It went on and on with SC abuse to the point where I changed into plain clothes... but they knew. It went on. I had a spat with my boyfriend at the time and that was also in the dream.

I told the customers I had to leave or I'd never see him again, I had to make it to him in my car, or else we'd never speak to each other again or something crazy that'd never happen. And I started crying when the customers grabbed me to keep me in the department and I just couldn't clock out and go to my boyfriend and make up with him.

I woke up sweating O-o;

Comment

I used to have HORRIBLE dreams when I worked full-time in retail. I worked at a Victoria's Secret call center. Most often I would go to sleep and dream I was at work. Normal work stuff, which usually consisted of 95% SC's, but still normal work routine. So, I went to work, came home. went to bed, worked while I slept, woke up and went to work. Talk about a nightmare.

I worked for a brief time at a Waffle House, third shift (where all the crazies are), while I was between jobs. Worst thing I ever did. I would have terrible dreams about the most horrible customers screaming at me. I'd wake up a lot, go pee, get a drink, try to calm down, whatever. When I'd go back to sleep, the same terrible people would be even more mad at me because I hadn't fixed their problem yet.

And I also started "sleep walking" a little. I remember one dream, it was terribly busy, screaming customers everywhere, and the cook wasn't paying attention or not wanting to cook orders or something. My boyfriend's alarm went off and he got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I got up, followed him and proceeded to beg:

"PLEASE! Will you PLEASE cook this order? These people have been waiting forever and they are going to kill me!"

My boyfriend then told me I was dreaming and to go back to bed. I responded:

*sighing, nearly in tears* "Fine. I'll go tell them they have to wait."

Man, am I glad those dreams are over with!
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

I used to work at a pizza joint and I had nightmares for years. One was people trying to come into my house while I was asleep and order pizza and also I was at work and was closed but people still could open the door. Or I'd dream that I was all alone and was getting clobbered. Full lobby. Phones off the hook..orders everywhere....

The one dream I only had once thank god, was I was real busy and some guy came in and asked if I had any slices ready and I said I could have some in 10 minutes. He said "not good enough!" and pulled out a gun and shot me!

I tell you, I was glad to quit that job!
                For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                http://atriumforum.com/
                Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Maybe your dream was just your inner psyche saying all the things you could never say to SC's in real life? It's like a way to get things off your chest without consequences, or because for the most part we never say the things we want to say to idiots at the moment we want to say it!

On a side note, I haven't worked at Cracker Barrel in over five years, but I still have nightmares at least once a month that I'm still there. Usually I'm the only server and the place is packed full and it's after closing time and the managers keep seating people because "they are hungry"! People screaming at me wondering where their food is, cooks yelling because I keep entering orders, I wake up in a cold sweat!
                  Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Comment

it's your subconscious telling you that you are going to make medical history and be the first man to give birth - and your child will be an (gasp shock) CS of the worst kind.

Sorry - my meds have me having really vivid dreams and I am currently sleep deprived.

Comment

My first job ever was at Dairy Queen, and for the first week I kept dreaming of endless lines of customers demanding ice cream. I woke up in the middle of one of those dreams to find myself sitting up in bed, making phantom soft serve cones.

Comment

I've done the work, come home, dream about work, get up, work routine before. I was getting so worn down because I wasn't getting any rest that I had to request a couple personal days so I could have two days off in a row for once so I could sleep.

Now that we're back into the holiday season, I've started sleeping restlessly again. This is not a good sign...especially with no time off requests allowed in December.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Customer service work can sure make you feel crazed and neurotic sometimes. I think it's why I tend to be a hermit on my days off. After dealing with stupid, obnoxious people for 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week, I'm ready for a day away from society.

When I was in high school, I worked as a cashier/carryout for a local supermarket. The whole week of my high school graduation, I had dreams of ringing up caps and gown at the checkouts. It was more funny than scary, but still, it gets in your head.

When I worked as a manager for a different convenience store chain, I had recurring dreams of being late for work because the building and everything else vanished off the property every time I pulled into the parking lot. I'd think to myself that I'd just go home if the store was no longer there, so I'd pull out to leave. Then, I'd look in the rear view mirror to see the building and everything else once again in its place. So, I'd turn aroud. As soon as I'd pull into the parking lot, the buliding and everything else would once again vanish into thin air. So, I'd pull on through the lot and head home. This dream just kept going on and on like that until I finally woke up.

Then, there was the dream when I worked for that same chain in which the company decided to open a store at my home. Everyone kept piling in my house in an endless stream of customers demanding this and that from me at all hours, and the gas pumps would keep beeping for authorization no matter how many times I hit the damned approve button.

At the c-store where I currently work, I get all kinds of personal calls for the manager and other cashiers while they are not there. Most people who want to talk to me already know my cell phone number, so they call me on my cell. I'm not one who likes to talk on the phone unless I have something to say, then I'm ready to hang up. Anyway, some nights I get so damned aggravated with the phone because the store is slammed and I'm working the shift alone. Then, I go home and dream that the phone won't quit ringing because it won't answer even when I pick up the receiver. No one ever speaks on the other end of the line. It just keeps ringing no matter whether I answer it or ignore it.
                          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                            I've done the work, come home, dream about work, get up, work routine before. I was getting so worn down because I wasn't getting any rest that I had to request a couple personal days so I could have two days off in a row for once so I could sleep.

Now that we're back into the holiday season, I've started sleeping restlessly again. This is not a good sign...especially with no time off requests allowed in December.
                            Even with time off it doesn't always help for me. I've been on vacation for a week now and I had a nightmare about going back to work. This one wasn't even an SC issue either. It was sucky coworkers.

I dreamt that I came back from vacation and was trying to cash a customer's paycheck. I was pulling a pile of twenties out of my drawer, but there were other papers mixed in with the money. I kept counting the money over and over, finding more papers. I literally was flipping through the bills about 20 times with the customer getting more and more upset. It didn't stop until I woke up.

All I can say is the girls I work with better not have messed with my stuff or I'm going to have some unpleasant deja vu.
                            "Any free samples?"
                            "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

I worked in a doctor's office as a receptionist for a short time. We had 9 lines and the phones rang non-stop. I had many panic attacks while working there. It was horrible.

Every night I could hear those damn phones ringing while I slept. I'd sit up in bed saying, "OB-GYN, please hold."

Only lasted 5 weeks there. I left for lunch one day and never went back.

(Needless to say, I never include this job on my resume.)

Retail Haiku:
                              Depression sets in.
                              The hellhole is calling me ~
                              I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X