This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She can't be bothered with the small details

Customer: My daughter needs cable set up.
    Me: What is her address, mam?
    Customer: I don’t know.
    Me: OK, I need that address in order to set up service.
    Customer: It’s either 375 or 311 or 305 Snead Road.
    Me: OK, I need the correct address. Do you want to check?
    Customer: Well, I’m looking at the trailer right now.
    Me: OK, what is the address?
    Customer: Well, it’s not listed on the trailer.
    Me: OK, you need to find that out before we can set up service there, mam.
    Customer: Can you just set it up anyway?
    Me: No without the correct address.
    Customer: Well, she needs cable!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

I feel so sorry for you, Phone Jockey. Seems like you get all the weirdos.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

She might need cable, but I think her mom needs a brain. I wonder if the Wizard of Oz is available?

Comment

some nails and sawdust would be a good choice for her, wouldn't it?
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm wondering how it is that daughter NEEDS cable so much that she can't be bothered to make sure we install it in the correct location. The sad thing is, this isn't the only customer who was "unsure" about her/his address.

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
            Customer: My daughter needs cable set up.
            Customer: Well, she needs cable!
            Just... no adult channels for her, please. Don't give her any help breeding....

Comment

How can people not understand this concept? I was doing a high-speed internet sign-up the other day and had someone tell me she wasn't sure of the address because she just moved in. That's understandable. She asked me if they could sign up anyway, and I tried to explain why she could not sign up without the right address. It finally came down to...

Me: Well, you don't want your neighbor to suddenly start getting this DSL while you pay for it, do you?
              Confused Customer: How could THAT happen? ... Oh! Oh, I think I get what you're saying now.

At that, she promptly called her son at home to have him get the address. Now was that so difficult?
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

I get this all the time too. They think if they tell me that "it's in the "Beverly Hills" apartment complex on the north side of the road, 2nd building from the left, back apartment on the 2nd floor" that I can figure it out. Now, if you can tell me who was living there before you, I might be able to find it, but most of the time they don't know. I'll ask them to call back later when they have the address, and I get the classic whine..."but I don't have time later, I have to do it now!!!! Can you call the apartment manager and get it for me?" Now, sometimes if they aren't being sucky, and I have the apartment complex info, I will put them on hold and call for them, but most of the time they are being so sucky and give me the whole, "I'm special and deserve special treatment" attitude, that I tell them I'm sorry but I can't do that and you'll have to call back later!!!

I swear, somedays I think the hampster died and the wheel keeps spinning!

Comment

We'll, why isn't the daughter making the phone call? I always thought the person making the call is the one that has to be on the bill?

I used to work at a pizza place and that happened quite a bit, where people didn't know their own address. People would actually go outside and some would even have to walk up the street to figure out what their address is . . . I mean, don't they get mail/bills? How do they manage to find their own house?
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Karma...we hadn't gotten to the point of asking where the daughter was. I believe she was nearby because her mother was screaming for her to find out the address. Yes, the person on the acct has to make the call.

Comment

Nails and sawdust? I'm lost...

If she's at the trailer, surely there's a piece of incoming mail around someplace.
                      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth beercashier
                        She might need cable, but I think her mom needs a brain. I wonder if the Wizard of Oz is available?
                        Maybe Dorothy's tornado blew the woman's trailer to a new location? Too bad it didn't land on the woman instead
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT

If she's at the trailer, surely there's a piece of incoming mail around someplace.
                          It was bran and nails I believe that the Wizard put in the Scarecrow's head.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT
                            After the Wizard was revealed, in one of the versions of the story, the wizard put a bag of nails and sawdust in the scarecrows head as brains.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh. Got it.

It was bran mixed with pins and needles, by the way. :d
                              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X