This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking Isn't Ordering

A couple of years ago at my previous job I had a couple of SCs who really made me insane. I've never shared this before, but this seems like as good a time-or place-as any.

One day while working the drive-thru at my last job, a car filled with a 4-member family pulled in. The mom asked how much one of our larger burgers, which had 3 patties of meat, cost. I told her, and after a few moments more she began placing her family's order, which did not include the larger burgers.

Like many fast food places, the lunch period tended to be extremely busy. In the drive-thru, we had a time limit of 3 minutes to get the customers out, and the higher ups were very strict about it. To lessen the strain, we would often pull large orders either forward or over to the parking spaces nearby. Most customers (and the higher-ups) hated it, including the SCs I was waiting on.

Because their order was fairly large and there were other customers waiting, I asked them to pull forward. The woman got extremely angry, cussing me out and saying I was incompetent. Trying my best to stay calm, I got the AM, who asked them again to pull forward. Still angry, they pulled forward. A few minutes later, their order was taken out to them.

Nightmare over? If only. A minute or two later, the woman's husband came in, order in hand, angrily demanding to know why they did not receive the large burgers his wife had inquired about. Trying my best to stay calm, I informed him that his wife had merely asked for the price and hadn't actually ordered them. Now extremely miffed, he demanded to see a manager. I got the AM, who explained the same thing I told him. After another tirade about my supposed stupidity, he demanded a refund, which the AM gave him. However, he refused to return the kid's meals he'd received.

SCs....gotta take them with the good ones, huh?
Working...
X