This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green rack, and other things

I presently work at a grocery store, who's letters begin with an S and another S, and I work produce. Well, it seems that little kids like to play in the green rack, which is where we keep all of our loose vegetables. So, last night, I caught them.

Me: you get the drill
    SK 1: Sucky Kid 1
    SK 2: " " 2
    SM: Sucky mother

Me: Excuse me, do not play in the green rack please.
    (Kids ignore me.)
    Me(a little louder): Please! do not play in the green rack
    SK1: Shut the hell up fatass.
    Me:
    SM: He's not fat, he's portly.
    SK2: Yeah, like Britney.
    (By now, I'm so peeved, I don't want to talk. I'm not even fat, I'm muscular, and am built up.)
    SM: Look, kids go over there, there's string beans.

Luckily, they left after that. But, i've never been so in my life. I had just seemed to clean the green rack before these losers came in. I went into the back room after that little confrontation, and stayed in there for the rest of the night just to vent off steam.
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

you could have reported them to the manager, wait nevermind. thats just WRONG expecially the mother chiming in to that insult. what the **** is wrong with people?

Comment

my cynicysm says 'what's right with them?' simply because itis a much shorter list to deal with...
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

You can't really deal with them, as we have tried in the past. Banning doesn't help, as this is the only family friendly, low cost store on the island. The other one, is the Grand Union, and they are high strung, and expensive
        Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bagboy View Post
          You can't really deal with them, as we have tried in the past. Banning doesn't help, as this is the only family friendly, low cost store on the island. The other one, is the Grand Union, and they are high strung, and expensive
          ...there are still Grand Unions that far south?

*goes to web site*

...wow. I thought they were all concentrated around VT and NY nowadays. I guess not.
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This is the point at which I whip out my authority card and punt each of them out of the store. The owner here has lectured us all time and again "do not take bullshit from a customer." If they get abusive, ignore them immediately. If they get insulting, kick them out. If they threaten violence, pick up the phone and call the cops, no matter whether the tone they take is threatening. If they actually attack you, defend yourself in such a way that ensures they won't attack you again. I used to keep a steel rod behind the counter for just such an occasion. We have cameras and are very friendly with local law enforcement here. Any would-be asshole will get toted off in the back of a patrol car, and any lawsuits will be laughed out of court when the security footage rolls.

More places need to be like where I work, where you have the power to remind some dipshit that you are a human being, god damn it, and won't be fired for giving as good as you get.
              O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Working...
              X