This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Final rants of my bank job

I know there will be more when I get into my new job at a call center but its better than this place. Anyways here goes

This is all at drive up:

1. Don't ring the damn bell when I am TALKING to a customer. ( I wasn't even chit chatting with her, it was strictly business)

2. Don't interrupt me while I am COUNTING MY MONEY just to ask me for some stupid account balance or a deposit slip or a damn lollipop.

3. Don't think I am going to help your ass when i am already helping another customer , you can wait your damn turn.

4. Don't yell at the stupid tube system expecting me to answer back cause i can't hear you!

5. the call button is your friend

6. Don't wait until AFTER i send you the tube back to finally say you wanted to deposit it!

7. Don't ring the bell two or three times expecting me to answer if I am right in the middle of helping a customer!

8. Can I ask, what the hell is a person thinking of when they have a ID that expired 6 YEARS GO? Yes, you heard right. The teller next me told me if she should tell him but i said no. The guy had 6 years to update his ID but was either too lazy or too stupid to do it.

DECEMBER 17TH, CAN'T COME ANY FASTER!

Has anybody tried to send rolled coins through your tube? We had one guy try to do that, but I caught him before he pushed the button and told him to go inside. Our tube is ancient, by the way, and so is our drawer so fixes can be kind of hard to come by.

And I really, REALLY want to disable the call button on the tube. I mean, if there is one person on and that person is helping a customer at the drawer, don't expect to be helped right away. My boss told me that I could tell them to wait until I finish helping the customer I'm with already before helping the tube person (or vice versa). The call button on the tube just equates to the "I'm too important to wait" where I work because it's usually the snobby people who use it.

Here's one... Please DO NOT walk up to the drive up. Nobody can see you around the corner and you might just be hit by one of those numbnuts who fly around the bank parking lot.

And another... What the hell is with all of the people who have non driver IDs yet are driving the car? Methinks that quite a few people lost their license yet continue to drive. And seriously, look at your damn license from time to time and check the expiration date. If you ID expired two days ago that's one thing, but don't come to me with a license that expired 6 months ago and expect me to accept it. Nope, sorry, the DMV is right around the corner so you can renew your license. And for the love of Pete, please stop being lazy and go get a picture ID. Paper ones don't cut it when I don't know you and you don't have any other ID on you (our state still does non photo paper IDs on some renewals).
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Oh believe me, I also have customers who also would walk up to the drive up and complain if i don't help them!

The call button on the tube just equates to the "I'm too important to wait" where I work because it's usually the snobby people who use it.
      Exactly, just like that woman who rang the bell twice when i was talking to the customer about her credit card acceptance. I just told her right to her face that i am helping another customer.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
        Please DO NOT walk up to the drive up. Nobody can see you around the corner and you might just be hit by one of those numbnuts who fly around the bank parking lot.
        A bank near some friends in VA has the same ATMs for both walk-up and drive-thru customers (as in none in the lobby, walk-up customers have to go into the driveway and hope there isn't someone trying to use it as a cut-through). Worst idea ever.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          A bank near some friends in VA has the same ATMs for both walk-up and drive-thru customers (as in none in the lobby, walk-up customers have to go into the driveway and hope there isn't someone trying to use it as a cut-through). Worst idea ever.
          We have one ATM for both drive-up and walk-up customers as well. At least that ATM is at the end of the three drive up lanes (which also has no tube) so there's better visibility and we don't have to worry so much about customers getting hit. It just sucks because (a) we're in Vermont and it's winter (so servicing the ATM can be quite fun at times), (b) the ATM breaks down all the time and it's not fun for the ATM repair man to fix and (c) if we need to go service the ATM for a customer who lost their card it can be dangerous. They're actually thinking of putting in a policy that states that we can't go get captured cards when the bank lobby is open due to security issues.
          Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
            5. the call button is your friend
            Yes, but is it your friend...?

Having walk-up ATM customers in the drive-thru lane seems like a recipe for a lawsuit, if you ask me...
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-08-2007, 06:36 PM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Yes, but is it your friend

Not if the customer just yells at the window when the "call" button is right in front of them.

Comment

Working...
              X