This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Liability of Idiots

I was talking to some coworkers about those customers who seem to have an inceased capacity for idiocy. Worse, how such stupidity then becomes our store's problem, should customers decide to sue. And so, I present the following:

Dr Dialemma
    In the entrance to our store, we have some soda vending machines. Guy puts money into the machine, and the drink doesn't fall all the way to the door at the bottom. So what does he do? He tries sticking his hand and forearm through the door, reaching around so he can snag his bubbly carbonated beverage. He gets stuck. Remains stuck for about 20 minutes. Not sure why so much time passed, but I have the feeling he was too embarressed to ask for help. Management has to open up the machine so they can extract his arm and release him. He then demands to fill out an injury incident report, in case there are any related medical bills, etc. And the best part? This brainiac is a doctor.

Cart Gymnastics
    Kids frequently are seen dangling, bouncing, or otherwise acting dangerously in our carts. Never ceases to amaze how the parents ignore their offspring, as if they are trying to tempt fate. When I nicely ask little girl/boy to not do that, the parent usually yells at the child and turns immediately away. Yelling works for half a second. Let me just say, our floors are HARD. I've seen kids with gooseggs for cracking against that tile. Please, for their safety, WATCH YOUR DAMN KIDS.

Premeditation
    One of my coworkers talked about a lady that came through her line a while back. Apparently her daughter had been injured at the store sometime earlier in the year. The floor was wet and she slipped...something like that. So the store was liable and had to pay money for daughters injury. From what my coworker said, this was a legitimate injury/circumstance.

So here comes mummy dearest. Mummy gets it into her head that it would be a terrific idea to get injured also, and then receive payout from the store. She intentionally finds a cart that is starting to become damaged, proceeds to damage it further, then load it full of heavy merchandise like juice, milk etc. All with the intention of getting "injured" so she can sue and receive a settlement.
    How do we know? The idiot was bragging about it while in line and another customer called management. So management comes over and tells mummy dearest "Sorry ma'am, but this cart appears damaged. We'll have to get you another one." Personally though, I would have like to have heard her being banned or something. But that isn't what we do.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

It amazes me what parents let their kid do on the carts. I have seen a parent let their kid STAND in the child seat, while they walk away. Another customer told me and I saw what was going on a called the MOD. The "mother" yelled and screamed and stomped out. LP discovered that the who thing was caught on tape, and the copies were fowarded to the DM/Corp to deal with.

Comment

Working...
    X