X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My car's somewhere on this planet."

I hate this, and it's happening more and more:

We have a full-ish forecourt, SCs come in and say they want to pay for petrol at "the pump out there". Not really helpful, since all the fuel pumps are outside! They claim to not know the pump number or how much, until this happens:

Me: "Was it $200?"
    SC: "No, it was $5 on pump 3!"

Obviously they knew all along and are just lazy idiots and/or trying to scam their way into paying a lower amount.

One of these days I'll do this:
    SC: "The one out there."
    Me: "OK, pumps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18, that comes to $1700."

I get that alot too, luckily I work at night so it's usually slow enough to the point where I can keep track of who's at the fuel island and know what punp they used when they come up, and the early morning customers are so regular that I know most of their cars anyway.

Comment

This was one of my biggest peeves working c-stores. It was never much of a problem, so much as it was just annoying. That is until I got transfered to a store that I swear had the most idiot layout know to man. The pumps were actually behind the register area. When I would ring up a customers pre pay, and got oh I don't know which pump, I would actually have to turn around walk about 8 feet over to the back counter step up on a stool and look out the window then turn and try and figure which car was hers......fun fun especially when I had a huge line and the SC would tell me all the wrong details about their car, or I had three other white 4 doors at other pumps.

Comment

Diesel vehicles are rare enough that most customers are the only diesel customer at the time, and just say "the diesel one".

However, today all 4 diesel pumps were used at the same time, each by a white truck. Cue:

Customer: The diesel.
        Me: Which one?
        Customers: The truck.
        Me: Which one?
        Customer: The white one.
        Me: How much was it? (should have asked that in the first place, since each was a different amount)

Comment

Working...
        X