This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of management

I manage the electronics store I work, and when the owners are away I am refered to as the owner to keep people from asking questions about where they went (small town - big gossip).

One horrible welfare bitch came in asking about portable radios and of course wanted to see the cheapest (but best) FM radio. This is itself is a problem or all radios would be the same - they will have fucking fireworks come out when the hourly news report was on and use a Skyhook for an antenna.

She wanted to look at each one in detail to 'feel' the buttons to make sure hey were 'right'. After 15 minutes I was well bored and not listening half the time but had to stand there because the cabinet was open and unlocked.

Anyway - she found one she liked but wanted a demo of the unit. Unfortunately it didn't come with the 9v to power it and as if by magic we were out of these batteries on the shelf (local smoke alarm installer bought all the damn things).

I was accused of trying to sell a faulty item because I wasn't willing to prove an item works. I explained we were out, even showed her the purchase order i faxed an hour before off the the supplier to show her. I also explained that due to the make-up of the building we had no reception, and my no reception i mean none at all (AM,FM,SW,analog TV, Digital TV, GSM, CDMA).

She got VERY bitchy screaming at me for a few minutes then stormed out - on the way going up to my co-worker up the front of the shop and telling him to "Tell the manager and owners that he was extremely unhelpful and refused to sell something to me"

To which co-worked yelled up the back of the shop (where I was still standing) "Hey boss, this lady wants to make a compaint about you, I want you to investigate this and question yourself" with a huge grin on his face.

I danced a jig that day.
    SC:What makes you think you can tell me how to do this?
    ME:Because I finished Pre-school, Elementary School, High School
    and College first time. Now: Red wire is positive.

Zeeko (Part 1): "I need to speak with you, Zeeko, we have had a customer complain about you. She said that you refused to sell her an item and that you were very unhelpful."

Zeeko (Part 2): "That must have been the customer looking at the radios."

Zeeko (Part 1): "Yes, that's right. Well, just remember how important good customer service is for our business."

Zeeko (Part 2): "Certainly, Zeeko, I will remember that. Any other problems, just come and see me - I'm right here!".

Comment

Just don't give me a slap on the wrist!

Comment

Z1: Zeeko, you're a good employee. You should get raise. I'll talk to your manager about you.

Z2: That's very nice of you.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm getting a mental picture of Zeeko as Zaphod Beeblebrox, with two heads arguing with each other...!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Zeeko View Post
            I want you to investigate this and question yourself
            AHAHAHAHA!!! QUESTION YOURSELF!!! I love that...gives a new meaning to "question authority."
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I can be quite a prick sometimes

Comment

Working...
              X