This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I'd been down there...

I didn't deal with this person directly, but I just need to get it off my chest.

I work at a movie theatre as a manager, and tonight I was in Projection. In case you didn't know, unlike times of old, since we build all the reels of a movie together, one person can run the entire building, as that person doesn't need to change over reels mid-show. Anyway, I was finishing building "Perfect Holiday" (which I actually enjoyed, despite the poor reviews on IMDb) and lost track of the time, resulting in my being a couple minutes late to start the show for auditorium 6, "No Country for Old Men." Yes, this was entirely my fault, but it wasn't that late.

Just as I started the movie, I got a radio call from another manager asking what was up, as someone had come out to ask about it. I informed her all was well and it was running. I thought that everything was fine until I ran into an employee just going on his break who was highly amused at what the customer had said to that manager.

Apparently, the jerk, who was male, had at some point said, "Either you have a woman up there, or they're pre-occupied." Since I am, indeed, female, you can imagine the anger I felt about this comment, especially since the employee was laughing. And then I found out that the other manager hadn't kicked him out (I guess she was too shocked), as I would've had I been downstairs on the floor. "Sir, can I see your ticket? Thank you. Here's $10.25 for your refund. Now get the hell out and don't come back."

I just don't get how people living just outside Washington, D.C., in this day and age can still think that way, and he had me punching walls for a good half-hour at least while I fumed. Too bad he wasn't the only in the auditorium. "Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted your movie to be in focus? Better luck next time."
    "Shield eaters and SC'ers have many likes alike."

oh i actually likes no country for old men. I think some did the same thing as you did because where in the middle of one of their premovie commercials (for the third time in a row) and cut it on violently.

Comment

Working...
    X