This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Card Machines

Okay, so... This isn't exactly new technology... Digital Credit and Debit card readers with touch screen input devices. So... Why do people still NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THEM?

Jesus people, it's touch sensitive, stop slamming the stylus into the pad... tap it, nice and gently, and the machine will register. You slam it and the machine wigs out and doesn't respond.

"These things are always broken wherever I go, why is that?"

They're busted because simpletons like YOU don't understand the SENSITIVE part of Touch Sensitive, and insist on stabbing the screen as if you believed it was a Hill Troll, and the stylus a flaming sword!

I am so sick of people jabbing and stabbing my poor card reader, and frustratedly looking at me when it doesn't work, then I lean over and, with my FINGER, gently press over the correct button, and like MAGIC (or common sense) the machine beeps it's approval to the less sadistic pressure, and moves to the next screen.

It's also rather annoying (yet less surprising) that people simply assume that they need to sign on the top, as oppose to, you know, looking and seeing there's a prompt you have to follow first.

Technology makes life easier, simply, more convenient, and a bit faster. That does not mean you can be stupid and lazy...
    "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
    ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

They got those nifty touch screen things at the local Wal-Mart a little while ago. Unfortunately, most of them are broken now because of morons like that. Now the cashier has to tell you where to press for the thing to respond and have us sign the paper the old fashoned way instead of signing on the touch screen. The signing thing has most to do with the people who are either too forceful with the stylus or use their own ink pen to sign the screen with! I can't tell you how many times I've gone into stores and seen forty thousand signatures in ten different colors from people who sign with an ink pen on a touch screen.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Just tell them that you touch the card reader like you touch a woman.

Maybe .05% of them will get it.

Comment

We just had our old PIN pads replaced with new touch screen versions. We have had the new ones for less than a month and we have had to replace two. Heres a hint. When you see the LCD display start to change colors around your finger, you are pushing hard enough.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post

Rough and quick? I don't get it.
          A bit too much discovery channel for me I think.

Comment

The other 99.95% will use their mouths.

What? What?

Rapscallion

Comment

Perhaps tell them to treat them like their nuts, that should result in them being a bit more gentle.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I remember when these devices started to appear when I was younger. Whenever I went shopping with my mother I had to take her credit card from her so she did not hurt her self trying to use it.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Perhaps tell them to treat them like their nuts,
                  I refer you to Raps' previous statement.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X