This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thing don't work right

Customer walks into the store, carrying an agitator from a washing machine. You know, that big thing in the middle of the tub that moves the clothes around?

He puts it on the counter.

SC: This thing don't work right. It's under warranty.
    Me: Uh...Did you call the toll free number for service?
    SC: What's that?
    Me: You just have to call the service number and they'll send somebody out to your house if you're having a problem.
    SC: Oh, I just figured I'd bring it in here and you could give me a new one.
    Me: No, I'm sorry, we don't do service work here at the store, and we don't keep spare agitators on hand. You'll need to call the service number.
    SC: You mean you aren't gonna help me?
    Me: No that's not what I mean at all sir. Here's the number for service.
    SC: It took me two hours to get this thing out of my washer! I can't believe you aren't going to take care of it!!
    Me: The service department is the one who will take care of this for you sir.
    SC: Fine, I won't be shopping here again!

He took his agitator and left.

I didn't want to get into the whole discussion with him that he had probably voided any warranty when he disassembled his washing machine.

He probably would have gotten real upset then and threatened to never shop with us again.
    Last edited by ripper76; 12-12-2007, 03:04 AM.

Quoth ripper76 View Post
    He probably would have gotten real upset then and threatened to never shop with us again.
    Um... he did that anyway, and, how can you possibly take the agitator out, but not the drum? In pretty much all the washing machines I've ever experienced the inside of, the drum and agitator are one piece.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I don't why these idiots pull apart items that are still under warranty..
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
        I don't why these idiots pull apart items that are still under warranty..
        i think you answered your own question, it's all because they're idiots.... i wish there was some deeper than that, but sadly that's the full truth.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth ripper76 View Post
          SC: You mean you aren't gonna help me?
          I get this question all the time, and have lately taken to responding "No, I mean I cannot help you, but I will direct you to someone who can."

I'm sick of getting attitude because I can't do something that isn't my job, just because SC has decided it is.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the agitator itself without the mechanism it's attached to, that makes it, ya' know...agitate...is pretty much worthless...so even if the store could replace it...I would think the agitator itself is not what isn't working...

sometimes these stories just make me want to
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Um... he did that anyway, and, how can you possibly take the agitator out, but not the drum? In pretty much all the washing machines I've ever experienced the inside of, the drum and agitator are one piece.
              I know he had already said that. I was being sarcastic.

The agitator is actually a separate piece from the tub, or drum. To take one out you actually have to take the front of the machine off and get up underneath it. It's alot of work.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but the agitator itself without the mechanism it's attached to, that makes it, ya' know...agitate...is pretty much worthless...so even if the store could replace it...I would think the agitator itself is not what isn't working...

sometimes these stories just make me want to
                Bingo. The agitator is really just a piece of plastic. That's what makes it even funnier.

Comment

If it is something I recently have learned, it is not to work on any machine you own, especially if you are not qualified to fix it.

I recently had an experience with a big screen projection television where the color was distorted. I took the back off and figured I knew exactly what it was, which seemed to be one of those three colored lamps. I then went to remove it, and this liquid poured out of it, getting all over the control board inside. And, of course, the set quit working because of it.

Thankfully, after two months of drying it out and so forth with an experienced TV repair man, it's now working. Plus, it turned out it ws the picture tube, not any of the lamps. It was a lesson learned, and thank God this guy did not charge an arm and a leg, despite the damage.

Comment

I bet the reason he dismantled it and brought it in was because it made his clothes move back and forth instead of spinning all the way around. =P

Comment

Oy. That's as bad as the morons who ripped out their entire living room full of carpet to get it cleaned!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

And wouldn't that be a shame?
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                          I bet the reason he dismantled it and brought it in was because it made his clothes move back and forth instead of spinning all the way around. =P
                          If he didn't want to be agitated, he could have bought a washer without one.

Mine doesn't have one . . . but it would make sense, as front-loaders don't have agitators.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                            If it is something I recently have learned, it is not to work on any machine you own, especially if you are not qualified to fix it.

I recently had an experience with a big screen projection television where the color was distorted. I took the back off and figured I knew exactly what it was, which seemed to be one of those three colored lamps. I then went to remove it, and this liquid poured out of it, getting all over the control board inside. And, of course, the set quit working because of it.

Thankfully, after two months of drying it out and so forth with an experienced TV repair man, it's now working. Plus, it turned out it ws the picture tube, not any of the lamps. It was a lesson learned, and thank God this guy did not charge an arm and a leg, despite the damage.

You're lucky you got it fixed without getting killed on the price of it. Usually when that happens the control board and the CRT tubes have to be replaced. In that case you're almost better off buying a new television. Not too many CRT projection tvs out there anymore, but the newer technologies can be even more expensive to fix.

Don't try to explain that to a SC while pitching an extended warranty though. "I never buy that! If I spend X amount of dollars on a television it should work!"

They're the same ones who call upset when they have a problem outside of warranty and swear up and down that they were never offered any extra warranty.

Yeah, of course you weren't told about it...We'll just go ahead and give you a new television! It's not like we offered it and you said no, we just choose not to tell you about it so that we could have you call up screaming 2 years later.

Right...

Comment

Working...
                            X