This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run of the mill crazy lady

ok, i work in a lower end jewelry store (so silver jewelry, cheap watches etc etc no diamonds no gold etc). today a lady came in with a watch she had bought from us that had fallen apart (it happens, thats why they cost $10) we don't do returns, only exchanges, and only with a receipt. which of course this lady didn't have. but the ass. mng B was feeling particularly generous and decided to let her exchange it. so the lady went off to pick her new watch, a few min later she walks up to another co-worker and asks about batteries, she explains that you can just put a new battery in it. B walks up and says that we don't put batteries in it nor can you exchange a watch just because the battery is out. the lady gets really defensive and says "I would never do that!" B was like "ok, but a lot of people try, so i was just informing you of our policies" at this point the lady is still all huffy and repeats a few times about how she would never do that and chews B's face off for saying that "Never say that to a customer! i was gonna look around the store some more but now im not!" "you should never accuse a customer of that!" "from now on you should just let those two (me and the other girl) do all the sales!" she says loudly as she quickly retreats out of the store. we were in complete shock from her sudden outburst that we couldn't say anything until after she left. I just wish that she had asked to talk to a manager, i would have loved to see her face when B told her she was already talking to one. (it was just us three in the store, so for all purposes she was in charge)
Working...
X