Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lines are the equivalent to an entire nation of morons.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines are the equivalent to an entire nation of morons.

A quick one from the other day.

Guy is at the lane next to me and says to the cashier, "So can Ikea not afford more cashiers?"

I couldn't hear what she said in response, but keep in mind that we had six lanes open at 11am. During the non-Christmas season you'll usually see half as many open at that time of day during a weekday.

Anyway, he starts bagging his things an says rather loudly, "This is why Canadians are so fucking stupid."

Do I need to point out the irony of the fact that he willingly drove from the US to shop here?

I normally don't like saying this, but if this man thinks Canadians are all stupid because of a few line ups then maybe he should stay and shop in his own country.
    Better yet, shop online so you don't have to pester the employees at the stores you shop in in your home state.

Had he gone to an Ikea in America, there might only be 4 lanes open.

So if it's any consolation, we're that much stupider.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yes, "all Canadians." It's the biggest country in the farking world, but he knows something about "all Canadians." Bet he can't name half of the provinces. Or the prime minister, for that matter.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
        It's the biggest country in the farking world
        Actually, it's the second-largest country in the world. Russia is nearly 2x larger.

Comment

As a resident of the United States (I hate the term 'American', since it carries a degree of territorial arrogance to it), I'd like just like to say that I love Canadians.

Comment

As a duel citizen of both the US and Canada, I am of two minds about this...

Comment

Here is the secret: The Sumas border crossing has some kind of ray that transforms all who pass thru into SC - it works in both directions sadly.

Comment

Or the prime minister, for that matter.
                Red Green?

Comment

Yes, "all Canadians." It's the biggest country in the farking world, but he knows something about "all Canadians." Bet he can't name half of the provinces. Or the prime minister, for that matter.
                  I couldn't agree with you more. Without cheating, Googling or asking my friends, this American knows:
                  1. New Brunswick
                  2. Newfoundland & Labrador
                  3. PEI
                  4. Nova Scotia
                  5. Ontario
                  6. Quebec
                  7. Manitoba
                  8. Saskatchewan
                  9. Alberta
                  10. British Columbia
                  11. Nunavut
                  12. NW Territories
                  13. Yukon Territory

The current PM is Stephen Harper, a Tory. The leader of the opposition is Liberal leader Stephane Dion.

Lines suck at Ikea stores everywhere...and what kind of dipshit drives to Canada and then whines about lines in a shop when he probably had a 60-minute wait at the border? Sheesh.
                  Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post

Lines suck at Ikea stores everywhere...and what kind of dipshit drives to Canada and then whines about lines in a shop when he probably had a 60-minute wait at the border? Sheesh.
                    My thoughts EXACTLY! Though the only times I crossed the border (once to go into the US and once coming home) there were no lines. But then again we got there at like 2am each time.

I only take solace in knowing he was likely charged taxes he wasn't expecting on the goods he purchased here.
                    But I know nothing of how that works, so for all I know he didn't have to pay a dime.

Comment

Can you say Redneck with a fifth grade education. I'm Canadian and I can. Betcha he can't tho
                      Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                        I normally don't like saying this, but if this man thinks Canadians are all stupid because of a few line ups then maybe he should stay and shop in his own country.

Some of my favourite CS.com stories are about line-ups...in the States and elsewhere.

Doesn't matter where in the world you go, SCs seem to converge on the tills all at once.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                          I only take solace in knowing he was likely charged taxes he wasn't expecting on the goods he purchased here.
                          If he'd done that in my little part of the world, he'd have waited a good 60-90 minutes to cross the border (depending on the traffic), then he'd have been stuck with the 7% PST as well as the GST. To top it all of, unless he spent more than 24 hours in Canada (and more than $250) he wouldn't be able to submit a refund claim to get the tax refunded!!
                          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I'd never go to another country and talk about how stupid they are (even if they didn't understand english but you are welcome to come to THIS country and talk about how stupid americans are. Just tell them I said it's OK.
                            I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

And here I thought Paul Martin was still the PM.

And if it weren't for Gravekeeper and his morons I would've forgotten about Nunavut.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X