This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Must All Go Shopping At Once!!!!

I mean, I understand that people go grocery shopping when it works for their schedule, but I swear that there must have been a bulletin today on the news that said

ATTENTION!!!! THIS IS NOT A TEST! THE WORLD IS GOING TO RUN OUT OF FOOD TOMORROW SO EVERYONE, GO STOCK UP ON GROCERIES TODAY, OR YOU WILL STARVE!

or something to that effect. So it was about 9:30 tonight. There was me and one other checker. We were nonstop busy all freaking day, and it finally slowed down, so he finally got to go to the bathroom. All the sudden AT LEAST 6 people come up to be checked out. Several people were losing their minds BITCHING at me that there was no one else to check them out. One lady really sticks out. (COW IN ALL CAPS)

ISN"T EXPRESS OPEN?

I'm sorry, it closes at 9pm

WHY? DO YOU THINK NO ONE NEEDS TO BUY JUST A FEW ITEMS AT THIS TIME?

Um, sorry. We just don't have enough people to keep it open this late.

YOU ONLY NEED ONE OTHER PERSON!

We have 1 other person, but the express till has been pulled. The other checker will be up shortly though.

THERE'S ANOTHER CHECKER AND THEY AREN"T UP HERE?

nope, sorry. He had to use the bathroom.

WELL, COULDN"T HE WAIT? IT"S BUSY NOW!!

I stood there speachless. Checkers are people. We need to eat, pee, and sleep, just like crazy people.

WELL' HE COULD HAVE WAITED! I JUST WANT TO GET HOME!!!

Someone with a big order let her cut, so I could get her out. Her Important Puchase? A cheap bottle of wine, national inquirer, summers eve douch, and a cheesecake.

(((((LOSER!!!!!!!!!!))))

My next customer made fun of the crazy bitch and made me feel much better

I have many more stories about today but I'm going to bed. Good night all.

Yeah...that one had some really heavy reading to catch up on.....

Hopefully she remembers which liquid goes in which end
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
      Y
      Hopefully she remembers which liquid goes in which end
      Eeeww (laughs) eeeew!
      Omigosh! Douche and cheescake in the same sentence...

I call that herd mentality. It never fails. You will be standing there, not a customer in sight, then boom! 50 people are in your line! Ok maybe a little exaggerated but you know what I mean!
      Last edited by Ree; 08-19-2006, 02:11 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Wow...interesting choice of of groceries O.o; I've noticed the "herd mentality" a lot at the deli I work at. "Nothing draws a crowd, like a crowd."
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

What's wrong with cheesecake?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Related topic: We retirees must all shop at lunchtime!

Posted this pre-hack, one of my big pet peeves:

There's a large grocery store near my office with a deli, pre-made salads, sandwiches very reasonably priced. They even have a room with tables where you can eat. There's a hospital and many clinics & other businesses nearby, lots of workers go there for lunch.

Nearly every time I go there to grab lunch, there will be half a dozen folks in the express line, all holding 2-4 items that are obviously their lunch. Most folks have 30 minutes for lunch.

What's holding up the line? Some retired elderly person buying more items than express allows, haggling over the price of bananas, fumbling with coupons, s-l-o-w-l-y pulling out their checkbook, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y writing the check, etc etc.

There's often a crowd of them (hence the connection to this thread). I think one of the local senior residences sends them in a bus. RIGHT AT LUNCHTIME.

YO! You're retired! You can come to the store any time you want! You have all the time in the world, you don't need the express line!

Nothing like spending 20 minutes of your 30 minute break standing in line.
            Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
            TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Okay, in my humble opinion, if your grocery items contain any type of feminine cleansing product - especially a douche (worse yet, yeast infection medicine) - WHY, DEAR GOD WHY, draw attention to yourself.

Now, everyone in that line knows she's a uneducated (inquirer) wino (cheap wine - in a hurry) who's crotch is a bit unfresh!

Cheesecake is good!
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                Posted this pre-hack, one of my big pet peeves:

What's holding up the line? Some retired elderly person buying more items than express allows, haggling over the price of bananas, fumbling with coupons, s-l-o-w-l-y pulling out their checkbook, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y writing the check, etc etc.

There's often a crowd of them (hence the connection to this thread). I think one of the local senior residences sends them in a bus. RIGHT AT LUNCHTIME.

YO! You're retired! You can come to the store any time you want! You have all the time in the world, you don't need the express line!

Nothing like spending 20 minutes of your 30 minute break standing in line.

That pisses me off too. And if it isn't inside the store itself, it's always on the way to work. I'm like...Hello...I have to go to work here. While they're taking their sweet time going wherever it is their going. And it isn't to work, you can gaurantee that.

Back to the topic. I feel your pain completely. Why does everyone feel the need to shop late at night anyway. It's like Hello..we're trying to get done so that we can go HOME. Last night I had some PITA woman (who when everyone sees her coming hides), who basically wanted me to be her personal shopper. And this was after she asked me why I was throwing the donuts out and I told her the bakery was closing in 15 minutes. Um...Hello ? Shouldn't that indicate to you that I'm about ready to go home and it's not a good time to inlist me to play 20 questions and do your shopping for you ?

SCs just don't think.

The thing about the late shoppers is their probably the most DEMANDING customers. Late AND demanding...not an employee pleasing combination.

Comment

Someone with a big order let her cut, so I could get her out. Her Important Puchase? A cheap bottle of wine, national inquirer, summers eve douch, and a cheesecake.
                  sounds like the best reason in the world to be in a hurry; probably the best evening of her whole week.

seconds on that loser nomination.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    What's wrong with cheesecake?
                    The cheesecake is fine, it's the proximity to the douche that's a little upsetting! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen them in the same sentence before!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth KayEm View Post
                      Back to the topic. I feel your pain completely. Why does everyone feel the need to shop late at night anyway. It's like Hello..we're trying to get done so that we can go HOME.
                      I almost always do my shopping late at night, but then, I go to a supermarket that is open 24/7, so it's all good.

There are advantages to shopping late at night (when you are not at a place that closes, mind you): there are no crowds, and generally not much of a line. Some of the disadvantages, though, are the self-checkout lanes are closed, you have to maneuver around all the boxes from the stockers stocking, and every now and then one section you need to get to is closed off so they can buff the floor. Oh, and the biggest disadvantage of late night shopping is the deli and butcher sections are closed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        There are advantages to shopping late at night (when you are not at a place that closes, mind you): there are no crowds, and generally not much of a line.

We used to that too . . . My husband and I got off work around 3-4 AM and on our weekends (yes, we got weekends off together) we usually go camping early the next morning.
                        We'll, we'd save our shopping for when we got off work - we'd get groceries for our camping trip . . . the store would always be quiet, except for the one or two other customers and the person buffing the floor.
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

It doesn't matter when my husband and I go anywhere. Even in the dead of night, we always start a rush. I almost feel guilty going out anymore!
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

You and your husband need to start becoming regulars at the bars I work at. We could use more rushes!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I've noticed this with buying gas. There are about four gas stations within five blocks, all of them always has the exact same price of gas. But there's always ONE that is covered up like a candy bar in an anthill. Not even the same one every time, it's totally random. I mean, what the hell? Why are you crawling on this one when there's three more literally within 30 seconds of here?
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X