This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, worst thing I have ever heard

Ok, this one is somewhat short. I had a guest call and our conversation was as follows.

me- everyone's favorite reservationist
    sc- father how should have a vasectomy

sc- yes I need a room at the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th st.
    me- and how many will need to stay in the room?
    sc- there will be 2 adults one child.
    me- ok, it looks like all i have available to unaccommodated 3 people would be a room with 2 double beds in smoking, will that work for you?
    sc- no I need nonsmoking room.
    me- if you'd like I can check other properties and see if they have nonsmoking available with 2 beds.
    sc- no I need a room at that location
    me- I'm sorry, but at that location all I have would be smoking
    sc- but i saw on your website that you had rooms with 1 queen available in nonsmoking
    me- yes, I do have that available, however fire code limits us to only 2 people in those rooms.
    sc- well, what the hell does the fire code consider to be a person?
    me-
    me- sir, fire code requires that any person with a heartbeat be counted towards occupancy.
    sc- well my son has a heart murmer, so he only has half a heart beat, so really he doesn't count as a person.
    me-
    me- I'm sorry sir, but firecode is very strict on how many people we can have in the room, and the fire department does not care about medical conditions, all people are counted equally.
    sc- fine, you aren't any help, i'll just have to go somewhere else
    me- thank you for calling, and have a good evening *mute* asshat douchenozzel.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    sc- well my son has a heart murmer, so he only has half a heart beat, so really he doesn't count as a person.
    * asshat douchenozzel.
    People like that should be shot. So basically what they are saying is, my son does not count as a human being, b/c he has a heart problem. Seems like he ain't the only one. Sounds like the parent has no heart @ all. The same person who will beat them for making mistakes like a human being.

Tex
    Dr. Turk: Yo, Elliot... what's your ringtone?
    Dr. Reid: "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.
    The Todd: "I'm carrying under wood right now. See, that's funny because it's true."

Comment

How nice. A parent who doesn't count their child as a "whole" person. Piece of shit.

It's just as "funny" as when I was a hostess/waitress and I'd ask people how many were in their party, and if there was a child, they'd snicker and go "Two and a half! Har Har Har!"

No, your child is not half a person. A little adult, yes, but not half a person. Just as human as you and I. You aren't funny. Go jump off a cliff.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

How dare people like that be able to breed. Especially considering your child has a medical condition you believe that they should not be counted as a person. I simply will never understand why people like that can more than likely breed like rabbits, yet people who would be great parents have to go to great lengths just to have a child. I'm starting to think that we need to start insisting on steralising people like that to protect the children of this world.
        Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
          How dare people like that be able to breed. Especially considering your child has a medical condition you believe that they should not be counted as a person. I simply will never understand why people like that can more than likely breed like rabbits, yet people who would be great parents have to go to great lengths just to have a child. I'm starting to think that we need to start insisting on steralising people like that to protect the children of this world.
          what really confused me about that call though, was the part that I kinda skipped over in my post when I told the guest I had a location only like 6 blocks away with 2 doubles in non smoking and he refused it because it was too far away... so he cares enough about his kid not to want smoking, but thinks that the fire department shouldn't count him as a person and is willing to risk his son's safety by exceeding fire capacity.

Comment

What a douchebag, demeaning his kid to try and get a deal on a room.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Wow.... Just... wow. I can only hope the kid wasn't within hearing distance... though with that level of abject douchebaggery, I can't imagine he acts all that much better in front of the kid....

There oughtta be a way to just hit the "jackass" button and have kids swooped off to a better home....
              You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Comment

`I shudder to think what that anuscake would say about their child if he had Down's syndrome or some such thing.

Just because you can ejaculate and produce a kid doesn't mean you should.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You should have told her to go piss up a rope.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    That has to really hit a nerve with people, especially parents out there. Every child out there is a person, and it doesn't matter what ailments or health conditions they have. This guy probably uses his son's condition to get free things and stay out of work. He should be shot for saying such an awful thing.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      `I shudder to think what that anuscake would say about their child if he had Down's syndrome or some such thing.

Just because you can ejaculate and produce a kid doesn't mean you should.
                      I have a child with Down's Syndrome, a very mild case of it. I still travel with her, do things with her, and count her as a real person no matter what. I would never replace her, or count her out as being a person.

Comment

What a jerkass.

Honestly.

is needed STAT.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, checking the rates at all the other hotels nearby I know why he would try that stunt, because if he can have his child not counted as a person he can save nearly a hundred dollars... anywhere with availability in 2 doubles non was at least 100 more... still, argue that he's small enough that even the 3 people in the room wouldn't be unsafe, or argue that the fire code is wrong... I'm still not giving you the room, but at least you're not demeaning your kid in the process.

Comment

I thought people like this guy had kids soley to GET money, not to save it!

Whatever the reason, the ulterior motive is still digusting.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe he was trying to be funny? I sure hope he was trying to be funny.
                              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                              X