This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Dare He Have A Day Off!

My store is open six days a week. Most humans get two days off, if they are lucky. My boss had decided that since Saturday is the deadest day of the week, that the tech should be off Saturdays, and me on Mondays. Makes sense, right?

Well I am SICK and effing TIRED of the few whiners who do come in on Saturdays, and WHINE about our tech being off. C'MON PEOPLE. EVERYONE NEEDS A DAY OFF.

One more sigh, eyeroll, or pissy comment, and I am going to go off. Our tech works DAMN HARD all week long. He deserves a day off, for the love of Gord.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE HAS THE DAY OFF??? THIS IS MY ONLY DAY OFF, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THIS PHONE IT'S BROKEN AND I NEED IT FIXED OR I WILL SPONTANIOUSLY COMBUST!"

Okay yeah I'm reaching there, but after the fifth person whining about him not being here today, I'm pretty annoyed. Just needed to rant, I guess!
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

I guess they assume that a store would hire enough techs to cover the store's open hours. However, when you're a small store, you ain't gonna do that. Where are you gonna find a tech who wants one day a week of work? You won't.

Just tell the whiners "Yes, you can get your phone fixed. Come back Monday to pick it up."

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
      "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE HAS THE DAY OFF??? THIS IS MY ONLY DAY OFF...!"
      "Yes, so you know how he feels, since this is HIS only day off, too."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X