• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU messed up!!!

Me - Obviously
    IW - Idiot Woman

Me - "Thanks for calling _________. How can I help you."

IW - "Yeah, I booked these tickets online last week and haven't had time to check my itinerary email till just now and YOU booked the wrong date on the outbound"

Me - (Automatically realizing I'm going to be doing the BARE minimum on this one) "Can I have the last name and current travel date?"

IW - "My last name is ______, and the current travel date is 22Dec, which YOU booked wrong."

Me - Pulls up the reservation, sees it booked for 12/22, she claims she booked it for 12/21 and the computer miraculously changed it to 12/22 on its own. Nevermind that the program asks you 3 or 4 times if its correct and makes you confirm it 2 or 3 times. Also, we point out that an email will be sent within the hour and that it needs to be checked for accuracy right away, because if a mistake is caught within 24 hours, in can usually be fixed without penalty.

Me - "The current penalty for changing this to 12/21 is $158.00, if you feel this was an error on our part, I can charge the penalty to the card in the record and you can speak to our online manager on monday morning." ( I don't add 'who will laugh at you under her breath')

IW - "This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! I booked it for 12/21. It's not MY fault the computer changed it to 12/22. It's YOUR fault and YOU need to fix it."

Me - "Well, to be fair, we do send itineraries right away for you to check the accuracy. Mistakes can be fixed easily if caught right away"

IW - " I was in TRAINING all week!!! (clearly not to be a human being or working on her social skills)

Me - "I can make the change for 158.00 and you can discuss reimbursement on Monday with ______. Or I can leave it alone and you can talk with her on Monday."

IW - "I'll talk with her on monday. This is the first time I've used your service, and it will probably be the LAST!" (Oh yeah, I'm sure we'll miss the 8.00 we charge for military online booking fees)

Me - "Have a nice evening"

Now, if she had been decent about it - and honest, I would have moved heaven and earth to find flights for her that didn't involve a huge penalty. But because she was acting like a jackass and blaming me, she got the bare minimum that I could get away with.

Never screw with your travel agent!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    Never screw with your travel agent!
    I think the same applies for just about anyone who has equivalent powers in their job as a travel agent would in theirs.

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
      I think the same applies for just about anyone who has equivalent powers in their job as a travel agent would in theirs.
      I think perhaps it simply applies to life and our fellow human beings in general, actually. As the OP said, even if it might be silly or unreasonable, (ie, returning something we haven't carried in months, plus you have no receipt), if you are nice enough and have the right attitude, I'm perfectly willing to go out of my way to ensure we are both still smiling and on good terms by the time you leave.

Also, you never know when your cashier might have a bunch of discarded $10 coupons in her pocket, so be nice
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
        I think perhaps it simply applies to life and our fellow human beings in general, actually.
        Exactly! I've been known to spend an hour or two on the phone attempting to help someone out of their quandry if they are:

a. Honest and admit they screwed up and can I please help
        b. Are not sucky about it

One would think that SC's would realize this, but I guess that's what makes them SC's.
        Last edited by Ree; 12-16-2007, 09:56 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

It's funny what you can get if your nice and honest about what happened.

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
            so true!! customers don't realize the power we hold...especially on our last day with the company, where i could be nice...operative word is could...

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              Now, if she had been decent about it - and honest, I would have moved heaven and earth to find flights for her that didn't involve a huge penalty. But because she was acting like a jackass and blaming me, she got the bare minimum that I could get away with.
              That was my attitude exactly back in my retail hell days. If you are nice to me, then I will be nice to you & will do whatever I can to help you. If you are a jerk to me, then you are getting the bare minimum from me.
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
              X