This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas SC's!!

Oh dear, Black Friday approaches, but, luckily I had sense and booked it off three months ago. But the amount of Christmas SC's are increasing as we get busier.

Gatecrashers

We had a party of 50 people booked to come in and eat. The normal proceedure is to set aside the amount of places, put reserved signs on the seats and tables and basically make the tables look a little Christmasy.

A lady walks over and waves her husand and mutant offspring over to the RESERVED tables. I go over.

Me: Hi, are you the *name* party?
    Dumb Woman: Huh?
    Me: The party? Are you part of it?
    DW: No.
    Me: Oh, well this area is reserved for the evening, sorry.
    DW: But its crowded over there! We want to sit here!
    Me: I'm really sorry, but they are reserved. People have paid for these seats.
    DW: Well, can't we just join them? Please? We won't get in the way!
    Me: No, I'm sorry.
    DW: Come on kids, looks like we're not eating here.

Ah yes, lay the "you have upset my darling sensitive children" technique.

And again!

A lady walks over, and sits down at the RESERVED tables. Sorry its always in caps, but seriously, we could not have made it more clearer they were reserved.

Me: I'm sorry, but these tables are reserved for a party.
    Dumber Woman: I don't see a party.
    Me: They are due within the next 30 minutes.
    DW: Well I AM here now!
    Me: Yes, and you have not paid for these tables.
    DW: I am a paying customer!
    Me: And so are the people who reserved these seats! They paid £5 for each table, and there are fifty of them. You do the math about how much they have spent so far.
    DW: ....

She took her drink and walked away.

RESERVED! RESERVED! RESERVED!

A group of students walks into the reserved area! Argh, I thought they had all gone home for the holidays.

Me: Are you the party?
    Student: No.
    Me: Well this area is reserved.
    Student: Oh OK.

I looked over and saw the students plundering the tables, taking everything from the candles to the crackers.

Me: And you can put those fucking right back before I call the police!

They sheepishly walked away.

Sorry, I left my lumber and tools at home

The big group finally arrived phew! But this meant the bar was unbelieveably busy, to the point where we literally had no more free tables or chairs.

SC: Hi, can I have a chair?
    Me: Are there none left?
    SC: I can't find any!
    Me: OK, I'll have a look for you.

I walked around. Sure enough, there was not a single chair left.

Me: I am so sorry, but there are none left.
    SC: Don't you have any more chairs out the back?
    Me: No, sorry.
    SC: Are you sure?
    Me: All that is back there is the office.
    SC: So, you can't get me a chair?
    Me: Short of asking a customer to give one up for you, I can't, I'm sorry.
    SC: You should get me a chair!

Felt a little bad for the guy, but come on, how the hell was it my fault?

Don't try to get me yelled at!

A lady walks up to me.

SC: Hi, there's a table over there that's got someones stuff on it.
    Me: Oh, have they left it behind?
    SC: They've gone outside for a cigarette, can you move their things so we can steal their table?
    Me: But they'll be back in a minute.
    SC: Well you'd better be quick!
    Me: But then they will get angry with me and probably report me to my manager or something. If you want the table so bad, you move them.

She looked stunned. Fortunately the person that went outside got back to the table before she did.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Me: But they'll be back in a minute.
    SC: Well you'd better be quick!
    Okay... I make $50 an hour, get 3 breaks an hour and medical/dental. WHEN did I start working for you??

Comment

Since when did service become a "right" anyway???? You know if that's what the law really said that would mean that if you wanted to have a yard sale on YOUR property that means you would legally be forced to serve the ENTIRE public, essentially making your PRIVATE property become public property, meaning anyone can come into your home and do whatever the hell they wanted to and there wouldn't be a damn thing you can do about it. Yeah I'm sure that would really fly for a long time without opposition.

Comment

Wow, a server that actually made people leave the reserved table!

We had a reserved table at a restaurant that had a sign on it saying reserved for our last name and some asshole sat himself down at it and refused to move. He waved off the server and the manager, so they let him keep what was suppose to be our table. Yeah, we didn't go back after that.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife
          SC: Don't you have any more chairs out the back?
          You'd think that in the restaurant business, you'd be immune to people asking about the Magic Back Room™...
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            We had a reserved table at a restaurant that had a sign on it saying reserved for our last name and some asshole sat himself down at it and refused to move. He waved off the server and the manager, so they let him keep what was suppose to be our table. Yeah, we didn't go back after that.
            You know, there's an interesting thing about the inner ear. If you grab the back of someone's chair, like someone sitting at your reserved (sorry, RESERVED) table, and tip them back to a certain point, the inner ear tells the brain they are about to fall, even though the chair would tip back into place if let go. If you then tell the person to get up or you'll drop them, usually their self preservation kicks in, and they will. I wouldn't know how well this works from actually having to do it.

Twice.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              You know, there's an interesting thing about the inner ear. If you grab the back of someone's chair, like someone sitting at your reserved (sorry, RESERVED) table, and tip them back to a certain point, the inner ear tells the brain they are about to fall, even though the chair would tip back into place if let go. If you then tell the person to get up or you'll drop them, usually their self preservation kicks in, and they will. I wouldn't know how well this works from actually having to do it.

Twice.
              Yeah! That..or back in my Server/Bartender/Manager-of-a-restaurant-days I simply would not have served them..asshat does not want to leave a reserved section, fine, but we won't be taking his order
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Working...
              X