This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award-Winning Temper Tantrum

Some idiot customer was getting into it with one of my managers yesterday.

I'm actually not sure what the argument was about - it wasn't my room - but he was throwing an epic temper-tantrum.

Each time she tried to calmly & politely explain to him why he was mistaken, he'd interrupt with something stupid like:

"No! You listen me! I'm the customer! So I get what I want!"

and

"You comp our meal and we'll come back! If you don't, then we won't return!"

(Is that a promise? Because I doubt anyone here ever wants to see you again.)

Shortly afterward, I was bored. I pulled a Sharpie out of my pocket, scribbled on the back of a folded-over placemant for a couple minutes, then went to visit my boss in the office.

"Is you buddy still here?" I asked.

"What 'buddy'?"

"The guy from the 700's who was making an ass of himself."

"I think he's in the bar," she replied.

"Great! Would you like to present his award to him, or should I?" I asked as I handed her my hand-drawn certificate:

The
    WHINY LITTLE BITCH
    of the Day
    AWARD
    is presented to
    Man from the 700's

Congratulations, Mister.
    You've earned it!

For the finishing touch, I'd also doodled the company name in a seal at the bottom with a ribbon.

I wasn't certain how she'd react. Fortunately, she couldn't stop laughing.

She started laughing again today as she told another manager about it, pulling the award from her briefcase to show her. The other manager politely let her finish the amusing story before reminding her, "Um, yeh, I was there. Remember?"

(Perhaps now she'll take me off the schedule next Saturday, since I'd requested it off months ago and I'll already be in California by the time my shift starts?)
    Last edited by Palsgraf; 12-17-2007, 06:05 AM.

Maybe that's what we need to start giving to sucky customers. Trouble is, they'd probably think it was a real honor.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
      Maybe that's what we need to start giving to sucky customers. Trouble is, they'd probably think it was a real honor.
      They'll probably cite the award as the reason why they deserve a discount. >.>

Comment

Working...
      X