This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask, ask ask away!!!!

So this man and wife come in. I am checking, and they come up and ask me for help finding something

HIM: Where is the lemongrass paste?

ME: I don't think we have it. But if we did I think it would be in produce. Would you like me to show you? (We have to offer to find EVERYTING for EVERYONE, company policy. Can you guess which grocery store I work at? )

HIM: YES!

So we walk over to produce where the herb pastes are.

ME: Sorry sir, its not here. Maybe with the ethnic foods.

HIM: Where is the Lemongrass?

ME: Right here. (It was literally 1 foot infront of his face. Herb pastes and herbs are together)

HIM: So you have lemongrass, but not lemongrass paste?

ME; Let's check ethnic foods. (we walk over there, and we Don't have it)

Sorry, we don't carry it. (Come on, it's lemongrass paste. It';s not something common like ketchup!)

HIM: If you don't know where it is, I'll just ask someone else.

ME:um, we don't carry it.

Him; I SAID I'LL ASK SOMEONE ELSE.

ME: ok. have a nice day sir.

SERIOUSLY, I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN THE SAME STORE FOR 6 YEARS. IF I SAY WE DON"T HAVE IT, WE DON"T HAVE IT! He ended up asking 2 other people for it. Then he had them call a manager to have him help find it. GUESS WHAT? WE DON"T CARRY IT!!!!!!!!

A Ha!! There is lemon grass paste in the mouse traps! I will buy it for five dollars!

Comment

I had someone like that today!

Guy: Do you have a Maxtor 80gig internal hard drive?
      Me: No, we stopped carrying those several months ago. The smallest we have now are these 120gigs by Seagate and Western Digital.
      G: What about a Maxtor 80?
      M: Nope. Sorry. I don't have that.
      G: Can you check?
      M: If I had it, it would be on the shelf right here. It's not here, so I don't have it.
      G: Can you please check your inventory for me.
      M: *roll eyes and sigh* Sure. Why not?
      - (I check inventory. Sure enough, out stock date was in February. No other stores west of the Central/Mountain time zone boundary had one.)
      M: Nope. I've got zeroes across the board.
      G: Do any other stores have it?
      M: Nowhere within less than a day's driving distance, and probably none outside of that. We don't have it.
      G: What about a 100gig?
      M: Like I said, man, the smallest we have are those 120s over there.
      G: Do have ANY 100s?
      M: Not in the internals. Couple externals, though.
      G: Can you check to see if you do have any 100s?
      M: *more eye-rolling* Ooooookaaaaay...
      - (Check inventory again. Those went out a month after the 80s did. No idea why, nor do I care. They're just out.)
      M: Sorry, none of those either.
      G: Are you sure about that?
      M: Absolutely! I was sure without checking this inventory, so, yeah, I'd say I'm sure about it.
      G: So, what's the smallest you have?
      M: That would be these Seagate and Western Digital 120s.
      G: No Maxtors?
      M: No internal Maxtors, no.
      G: What about your other stores? Do they have anything smaler than a 120?
      M: I don't know, man.
      - (To avoid having him ask the inevitable, I discreetly pushed the volume button on the cordless phone I was carrying, which made it ring.)
      M: Oh! Excuse me, that's my phone.

Not five minutes later, I see a co-worker clicking around on the computer, looking up Maxtor hard drives. Argh.

[Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I can illustrate that I sympathize with you.]
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

Working...
      X