X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same name different people.

Background info!
    the KFC that i work at is a franchise. so we use the KFC name, but contrary to popular belief, we are not all one big happy family!
    our prices are higher then the ones in the city because we cant buy it in bulk, and we get charged thrice the amount the city does to get our supplies delivered. so we need to charge more.

Story!
    so this guy orders and gets to the window. my lovely cashier says that he wants to talk to me.
    so i go up there and see what he wants. as soon as i gets there i see him whip out this flier from KFC and my inner child tries to hang itself.

we dont send out ANY fliers. they are the city's. if there are coupons, we will take them on some special conditions (like if we have the meal its talking about. 2 different stores 2 different products.)

sc-old douche bag man
    me- er me?

sc: why am i being charged YY.YY when it says that it should be ZZ.ZZ here! *shoves flier into my face *
    me: im sorry sir those are the cities prices. we are a franchise so we do not have the same prices as them.
    sc: thats bullshit! your KFC! you should have the same prices as them!
    me: like i said sir, we are a franchise, 2 different stores. so our prices are different.
    sc: that bullcrap! im going to talk to the sanders about this! you guys are all KFC! your prices should all be the same! im not ever coming back here again! im going to tell my friends too! you will never get any business ever again!

oh no sir! please don't tell all your friends! which consist of your deaf wife, an old dog, and your own reflection. but please god no!!!! i have a family to feed!

if you want all the prices to be the same, then how about the city match OUR prices? if you like the cities prices then go, drive out for 1/2 an hour, and shop there!

as for the never coming back ever again. can i get that in writing?
    it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Last I checked, as I have been to McD's and other fast food restaurants in various states and cities, it differs from place to place what they serve and how much it costs. What a jerk. What you're spending extra in food, you'll save in gas.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
      Last I checked, as I have been to McD's and other fast food restaurants in various states and cities, it differs from place to place what they serve and how much it costs. What a jerk. What you're spending extra in food, you'll save in gas.
      oh but my dear that takes logic. logic is a scary dark place the SC are afraid to venture near.
      for some reason these people cant phantom that the reason why it cost more, is because it costs us more to ship it so far out of the city!
      city=closer=cheaper.
      middle of freaking nowhere= far away=costly.
      it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

he plans to tell colonel harlan sanders? i want front row seats to that one...

as for the old man himself; yet another case of a penny pinching oldster thinking his feeble threats will leave you shaking in your boots.

keep wishing, grandpa!
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          he plans to tell colonel harlan sanders? i want front row seats to that one...

as for the old man himself; yet another case of a penny pinching oldster thinking his feeble threats will leave you shaking in your boots.

keep wishing, grandpa!
          we do have a picture of him upfront. perhaps the old guy could just yell at that.

oh yes, the fear of loosing a customer. boot shaking to the max.

Comment

Heh. Same issue at my fast food days at Hardee's. City an hour away would run ads on news channels, which ran locally as well. So people would come in for 50 cent hamburgers and 99 cent roast beef sandwiches and we'd have the joy of telling would-be customers that we wouldn't honor the prices. Being individually owned and all that. People didn't get that the "at participating restaurants only" at the end of the ad meant there were exclusions.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Heh. Same issue at my fast food days at Hardee's. City an hour away would run ads on news channels, which ran locally as well. So people would come in for 50 cent hamburgers and 99 cent roast beef sandwiches and we'd have the joy of telling would-be customers that we wouldn't honor the prices. Being individually owned and all that. People didn't get that the "at participating restaurants only" at the end of the ad meant there were exclusions.
              uuuugh! we had that 2! but it was with toonie tuesdays! people are literate up to the point where it conveniently says "at participating restaurants only" then its all "duuuuh? where did it say that?"

Comment

I get that all the time... people upset that hotels have different rates, ie, why does this hotel charge more than the same brand 10 miles away.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

FYI, KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, the same people who own A&W Root Beer, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Wing Street restaurants. In 2006, Yum! Brands became the first ever sponsor of the Kentucky Derby and by contract the Kentucky Derby must now be called "The Kentucky Derby, Presented by Yum! Brands" in all announcements and advertising. By the way, talking about a monopoly, in a town west of me there is an intersection with a KFC (with an A&W rootbeer inside) a LJS and a Pizza Hut on 3 of the 4 corners, all of which are owned by the same franchisee. What's on the 4th corner, you ask? Why a Cadillac dealership, of course.
                  Last edited by bigjimaz; 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM.
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Slow-Jo View Post
                    sc: thats bullshit! your KFC! you should have the same prices as them!
                    me: like i said sir, we are a franchise, 2 different stores. so our prices are different.
                    sc: that bullcrap! im going to talk to the sanders about this! you guys are all KFC! your prices should all be the same! im not ever coming back here again! im going to tell my friends too! you will never get any business ever again!

:
                    You're bullcrap! thank god you're not coming back here again!!
                    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth Slow-Jo View Post
                      im going to talk to the sanders about this!
                      "I'm going to get me one of dem dere necromancers and do me some raisin'. "
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                        FYI, KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, the same people who own A&W Root Beer, Long John Silver's, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Wing Street restaurants. In 2006, Yum! Brands became the first ever sponsor of the Kentucky Derby and by contract the Kentucky Derby must now be called "The Kentucky Derby, Presented by Yum! Brands" in all announcements and advertising. By the way, talking about a monopoly, in a town west of me there is an intersection with a KFC (with an A&W rootbeer inside) a LJS and a Pizza Hut on 3 of the 4 corners, all of which are owned by the same franchisee. What's on the 4th corner, you ask? Why a Cadillac dealership, of course.
                        yes, but we have to pay them to use their name.
                        how it goes here (least from my knowledge) if they have some kind of promo going on we have to serve it too. (like when they had spicy chicken. we didnt want to serve it but if we didnt Yum would fine us a bunch of money)
                        BUT they have no control over our prices.

the pizza hut around our area hates us. the owner is a dip whenever we go there. he hates having to honor our discounts.

wow i didnt even know that they owned A&W 2!

Comment

Working...
                        X