This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sucky, just...wierd.

So while I'm ringing up a woman's items, I saw someone out of the corner of my eye place a bunch of items (almost a dozen) on the belt behind her. When I'm done ringing up the customer, I start scanning all the items on the belt thinking they belonged to the next woman standing there with a cart. Then I get confused when I see she had items in her cart and and is acting like she's still waiting in line. When I inquire, she says, "That's not my stuff, I thought it was that other lady's." Uh, then where the hell is whoever set all that stuff on my belt? Maybe 20 minutes later a woman comes up to my register and starts unloading, saying, "I had a bunch of stuff and it just dissapeared from my cart, so I had to go and find everything again." I realize these are the same items that were left on my belt. I told her about finding all that stuff on my belt, and her jaw drops, her eyes go wide, and she said, "Oh my God, was that me? I'm so sorry! Oh my God, I'm losing it. I need to get out of the store. I'm sorry."

Uh, what?

Let me get this straight, you honestly don't recall unloading your cart on my belt and then wandering off, completely forgetting what you had just done, and then you thought someone ran off with your cart. That's...pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Despina83; 12-17-2007, 05:28 AM.

christmas shopping has eatin her brain...
    it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

There could be a legitimate medical reason for her forgetfulness. I work with a woman who became extremely forgetful, to the point her job was in jeopardy, because of a medical issue.

I'd definitely give this customer a pass, since she seem sincere and apologized.
      "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The "I need to get out of the store, I'm sorry." is a clue. Thank God the woman recognizes that she had "an episode" and needed to get to somewhere or someone safe before something worse happened to her. My mom worked with someone like this, it was kind of like narcolepsy. She'd have a period of "lost time" where she would just forget a certain set of actions, some sort of reset button would go off in her brain, and she would repeat a set of actions that she just performed.

Hopefully she got home safe.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
        X