This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That it, you're gone

Some people are just crude enough you got to throw them out. My store has a lot of parents that buy stuff for/with their kids, and to be frank people who start using excessive swearing tend to scare them off. I've never thrown anyone out of the store for it, yet, but I've had to warn a few people. I had these two jerks come in today, and if they hadn't left before I was done ringing my customer up I would've tossed them right now.

Anyone have to throw someone out because of this?

No, but I had a lady take exception to the shirt another customer was wearing. She wanted us to kick him out for it, I explained that as a movie theatre, a purveyor of materials which some people may find offensive, we aren't really on board with censorship. As long as it stayed on the shirt, and he didn't start spouting off, I couldn't do anything about it.

I'm not gonna take people to task over what they wear. With thousands of customers a day on busy days, that would have been a full time job.

(Dead girls don't say no.) <=== Highlight to find out what the t-shirt said if you're interested.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a thousand times over:

People have the right to be offended.

Period.

We're adults now. If something is bothering you, by God, REMOVE YOURSELF from the offensive situation!

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post

We're adults now. If something is bothering you, by God, REMOVE YOURSELF from the offensive situation!
        The problem is that people do remove themselves, from my store. I'd prefer they'd stick around and buy things. Hence, I'd rather remove the offending person and keep the actual customers.
        Last edited by Ree; 08-21-2006, 12:10 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

When I worked Security in the mall, I had to ask people with offensive shirts to either turn them inside out or leave, because they did offend families shopping in the mall.

Management would rather have one ticked off person leave than see whole families leave because of an offensive shirt. Reason being, the families spent more in the mall.

I also had to get on people about their language too, since the mall is suppose to be a family friendly place and no parent wants their children to hear foul language the whole time they are there.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            When I worked Security in the mall, I had to ask people with offensive shirts to either turn them inside out or leave
            We did that at an arcade, as well. Didn't happen that often, but occasionally.

Gang wear, now, that got busted quick. At least, as quick as our suburban-upbrung selves could recognize it.
            Last edited by Ree; 08-21-2006, 12:11 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Ok, I just had to read the shirt and I was laughing my butt off. One person's offensive message is another's laugh.

I'm not easily offended...hell there is damn little that gets me...but when I find something that hits that one nerve I ignore it. There are far too many people who can't accept the fact that tere is no way to please everyone. That's why shows like Southpark go out of thier way to offend everyone equally.

They even got me.

Mongo
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
              X