This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet he feels like a big tough guy now

This is not my story, but my co-worker, who sits next to me. She makes a call, tells the guy why she is calling and goes quiet. She is quiet way too long, then she looks over at me. She looks very upset. So, I ask her what's wrong.

It seems that when tough guy found out why she was calling, he screamed every nasty, foul thing he could think of in his tiny mind at her. He didn't pause at all till he hung up on her.

Way to go, moron! You upset a woman who would have done her darnest to help you with your bill, if you had given her the chance. She is a very caring person and tries her best to help out the people she calls.

You see, most normal people, even if they disagree with the bill don't curse us out, because they know we will try to help them with their disputes.

I hope I'm the one who gets to call you back next week, because I will laugh at your pathetic attempt to be a big man, by cursing me out. That's right, I will start laughing at you. I don't care what foul thing you yell at me, since I have heard it all before. I'm sure women laugh in your face a lot, but this woman will laugh at you over the phone.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Oh, being able to completely detach yourself from insults directed your way is the most wonderful thing in the world.
    Last edited by theredbaron47; 12-22-2007, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I take it you work in some sort of debt management or related industry?
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

crazylegs, I work in collections. If someone doesn't pay their bill for a couple of months we call them to find out why and/or to try to get a payment.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

No swear words.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          It seems that when tough guy found out why she was calling, he screamed every nasty, foul thing he could think of in his tiny mind at her. He didn't pause at all till he hung up on her.
          Store policy, customer swears even for a second, you say loudly "No swearing please" and if they continue (even just one word) you hang up.

From that point every time they call back the moment a swear word leaves their lips you hang up, no muss, no fuss, no waiting, you just hang up. Most clue in very quickly. And those that don't, you just hang up.

Comment

The best part of working in call centres is the mute button - and that you get to roll eyes at the costumer. x)
            I hope he enjoys his interest rate 'cause it looks like he's gonna be paying a larger bill if that's his reaction to you guys calling him about it.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

Quoth Liminality View Post
              The best part of working in call centres is the mute button - and that you get to roll eyes at the costumer. x)
              Definitely! Not to highjack the thread, but I'm new here so I'm not gonna start a new thread yet : This story reminded me when my call center got a job calling existing customers of a electricity company, to check if they could read the stand of their electric meter to us, so they didn't get over charged.
              This one guy, when he saw he got a call from a hidden number (we were a outsourcing call center, so of course we had hidden numbers..) just assumed I was gonna sell him something and started swearing at me

"#%&/$/&% I'M NOT $%&# BYUING ANY &%$&/$ THINGS %&#$%& YOU %$&".
              Called me some nasty things, too. So I hung up in the middle of his rant, shrugged, checked the box that said "call back later", checked the box that made Me the person to call back, and called him back every 5 minutes, 5 times. The 5th time I finally got the chance to say something before he started swearing, and I said: "I'm not selling ANYTHING you ARE a customer and I'm trying to help you."
              ...and then he started swearing again and calling me a liar and a bitch... I just said "OK, your next electricity bill will be at 10 000 kroner (1800 dollars, approx.), have a nice day."

Suddenly, he wanted to know what I was calling about.
              Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
              Me:

Comment

Quoth cactus View Post
                The 5th time I finally got the chance to say something before he started swearing, and I said: "I'm not selling ANYTHING you ARE a customer and I'm trying to help you."
                ...and then he started swearing again and calling me a liar and a bitch... I just said "OK, your next electricity bill will be at 10 000 kroner (1800 dollars, approx.), have a nice day."

Suddenly, he wanted to know what I was calling about.

PWNED!

to

Comment

Working...
                X