This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the 300

SC got $30 fuel and payed with a big bag of ten cent coins. Which too me a while to count (I did pause to serve other customers though). Afterwards a co-worker said he would have refused service, but I'd tried that and it was the only form of payment she had, so it was count those coins or go through the IOU procedure.

I ended up sticking most of the coins in the drag shift guy's cash drawer. He likes having lots of change for some reason.

I ended up sticking most of the coins in the drag shift guy's cash drawer. He likes having lots of change for some reason.
    I used to work with a woman who would open up every single roll of change in her drawer as soon as she got up to the register, no matter how much change was already loose in the till. She also asked for change well before she ever would need it (she'd have 20 singles and she would ask for more with an urgency as if she was down to her last one).

This drove me especially crazy because this was before we had the scale to count the money and I was head cashier so I had to double count her drawer by hand at the end of the shift.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Actually I can see a reason for the large amount of loose change, after all, while you have to be nice to the customers, there's no rule that says you can't give them $5 in pennies as change because its 'all you have in the drawer.'
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X