This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear stupid people

I work in a call center for an insurance company..... Ok, we all know the people on the other side of the phone line aren't always the smartest cookies in the tin....I mean, WHY would the providers office want to put the stupid people up front where the customers see them...why not just stick them in the BACK where they can call ME and ask me stupid questions.

One of my favorites is asking if the plan they are getting benefits for runs on a calendar year. The standard answer is "Yes, it does run on a calendar year." For some of these gems this isn't an easy enough answer to understand. They continue asking if it is from Jan to Dec... last time I checked, yes that was a calendar year. Who knows though these days.... it could have changed, maybe someone declared a calendar year to be April 13th-April 12th of the next year...could happen....

Another occasion I spent 15 minutes on a call with a provider going over, MAYBE 90 seconds worth of information...including her asking me 3 times if I was sure I was giving her the member's information correctly...it wasn't even something you could screw up, it was their member id number! I really felt like saying "Um, no ma'am, on second thought, I am just jerking you around and felt like lying to you on a recorded line so I could get in trouble. Here is the correct information...." I knew that would have meant that I would have to go over EVERYTHING again and spent another 10 minutes on the line.... Decided not to go there... Ugh, why do I hear stupid people????
    *Beep** Thank you for calling ____________..My name is ________ What would you like to chew my head off today for?
Working...
X