This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert woman

She comes up to me and says she's seen a grey suit in an advert in a newspaper. Do we have it?

I ask if she has the advert.

No.

I then proceeded to show her the suits we had. She was annoyed that I didn't know what our shop (a very large national chain) was advertising. She was annoyed that our store was a small one. No, she didn't want to look in the catalogue so it could be ordered if necessary. She was rude and impatient the whole time. When I showed her a navy suit, before I'd even had a chance to ask if it was the right style as it probably came in grey, she had a go at me saying she wanted grey, not navy. I offered to show her other suits to see if they would be suitable, but she was nasty about that. Seriously, she was one of the most unpleasant customers I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. This post does not do her suckiness justice. She poo-poohed every suggestion I made, treated me like her personal servant/imbecile and was just awful.

I don't know how many times a person has come in, just so certain that we have a certain item on sale. They saw it in the add. Of course it's not in our add, and doesn't ring up on sale. They were obviously looking at some other stores add. But they will go on and on about how they know it is on sale. <groan>
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Too bad wearing a suit don't give ya instant class.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

My instant reply after her first bout of suckiness, sans thought (probably followed by instant firing of me) would be "If you can't be bothered to be polite, I can't be bothered to help you."

Closely followed by "If you don't even know what you're looking for, how can I find it? Are you even sure it was in Our advert that you saw it?"
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I would have liked to have said those things, but it's difficult when you're in the situation. If she'd actually called me an idiot, I would have walked off, but it was more her attitude and the way she said stuff. She would have gone ballistic if I'd said anything, and management aren't known for backing up the employees.

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
            But they will go on and on about how they know it is on sale. <groan>
            Well, they're RIGHT. It IS on sale. Just not at YOUR store.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate people that think I should have this encyclopedia of all past present and future ads stored in my brain. They will come in and say, "Do you still have the phone from your ad?" Um, maybe. Which phone? "Well, it was a flip, and it had buttons...and... a screen...ummm...and it was free." Funny how free is the detail they always seem to remember.
              Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

I get this all the time. I am a Books supervisor in a well known stationary/book shop. We always have customers coming into the Books Dept saying that they saw a book advertised in "The Paper". They never know the author or the name. Sometimes, only sometimes, they remember the color of the book, but that is as far as they go to help me help them. When they can't remember anything beside that they saw a book in a paper, then they get all huffy and annoyed that I can't help them. One week I had 3 people come in and request a book that they saw. They said they did not know the author, the name or what it looked like. I was amazed. How the hell are we supposed to find anything when someone says "I saw something that I want...can you find it for me"?
                "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Quoth batmoody View Post
                  I don't know how many times a person has come in, just so certain that we have a certain item on sale. They saw it in the add. Of course it's not in our add, and doesn't ring up on sale. They were obviously looking at some other stores add. But they will go on and on about how they know it is on sale. <groan>
                  Yep. SC sees the item doesn't ring up as being on sale, even with the club card, and whines that they 'saw it in the flier'. I get the flier and we go through it page by page - nope, it's not on sale. SC says one of the following:
                  Oh, I guess I must've been looking at ________'s flier.
                  Maybe I saw it in next week's flier.

Idiots.
                  It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Working...
                  X