X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! BUSTED!

Just happened 10 minutes ago.

Customer and his family walk in and go right up to the piece that they want. Makes my job easy, as they had dealt with my coworker and knew what they were getting.

So, basically, it comes down to this:

We get to the part where I give them the total and the wife insists that the young girl working here before told her that delivery was free.

SC: Wait, that's not right. She said that delivery was free.
    Me: I'm sorry, you must have misheard her.
    SC: No, I didn't. She told me that delivery was no charge.
    Me: No. She didn't. She's been with us for over a year, we have never had free delivery, and she would not make that type of mistake.

Translation: Nice try.

They get a scowl on their faces, look at me, and then turn around and walk towards the door.

I love laying the smackdown like that.

Anyune have similar stories of just catching a customer flat out in a lie?
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Only the time this woman said to my boss at the pizza place, "I came here on Wednesday and the girl with blue hair was rude to me." (I had blue hair at the time) My boss replied, "Are you sure?" The SC replied, "Yes, the girl with blue hair was definitely serving me on Wednesday. She cussed me out." My boss: "Well, you must have been mistaken then cuz Lace wasn't working that day."

Busted! XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Lace, I can only assume that was followed by the famous 'deer in the headlights' look & then a mad dash for the door?
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

How did you guess? XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

"There was a flaw in my perfectly concieved plan? After months of planning? This cannot be!"
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            How did you guess? XD
            Just a little something I picked up from dealing with people like her back in my retail hell days.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Only the time this woman said to my boss at the pizza place, "I came here on Wednesday and the girl with blue hair was rude to me." (I had blue hair at the time) My boss replied, "Are you sure?" The SC replied, "Yes, the girl with blue hair was definitely serving me on Wednesday. She cussed me out." My boss: "Well, you must have been mistaken then cuz Lace wasn't working that day."

Busted! XD
              Of course you were rude to her! Anyone with BLUE HAIR must be a rude person! DUH!!!
              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                Of course you were rude to her! Anyone with BLUE HAIR must be a rude person! DUH!!!
                Don't forget the lady got called on her bluff. Questionning anything a customer says, & then proving them wrong is also very rude!

Comment

I had a woman once insisting that the store manager authorized some sort of ridiculous discount. Only one problem: My manager was 5 feet away and heard her telling me this. While the manager was shaking her head at me, I told the woman I would have to call the manager and verify. As the manager came around the counter and spoke to the woman herself...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                    Anyune have similar stories of just catching a customer flat out in a lie?
                    Probably, although I can never tell if the customer is lying or just a complete moron.

For example, I get a lot of "I'm looking for (wine brand we do not carry). I just bought it here last week. Yes, I'm utterly positive it was here, and it was that particular wine."

Are these people lying or just dumb? I lean towards dumb.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      Probably, although I can never tell if the customer is lying or just a complete moron.

For example, I get a lot of "I'm looking for (wine brand we do not carry). I just bought it here last week. Yes, I'm utterly positive it was here, and it was that particular wine."

Are these people lying or just dumb? I lean towards dumb.

Seriously! I always wonder: Do these people think I'm lying when I tell them we don't have 'X' item and never have?

Or do they convince themselves that if they ask enough, and in several different ways, that on the 10th try I'll suddenly say 'Why YES, I DO have those!!!"???
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Just once?
                        Heck, I'll resume a boatload in just one encounter.

My ex assistant manager, lovingly known as Ass Man, hasn't been working in this store for now...*checks watch* 3 years?

Apparently, he's STILL making impossibilities for old ladies.

Always last week too.

Made a fresh carrot cake for this one lady.

"YES he did it last week! I ALWAYS get my fresh carrot cake from him every week!"

"First of all, we don't make carrot, or ANY cake fresh here."

"BUT HE"

"SECONDLY he hasn't worked here for 3 years."

If only they would stop there, but noooo they have to insist.

Special like a blue parking space.
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Oooh I have a good one for you.

We got a phone call from a woman with a thick accent, to the tune of, "I bought over a hundred dollars of merchandise, and then I found out that one item was defective and called about returns, and the girl was very rude. She told me to learn English or go back to Mexico, and she told me she would not give a 'damned (racial slur)' a refund." She claimed she had talked to the corporate refunds department and they had authorized the store to issue a corporate check and mail it to her address, because she was uncomfortable with coming back to the store after she had been treated 'horribly.'

The manager, of course, told her she could just come in and that she would do the transaction herself. The SC refused and said she would have the legal department call the manager to authorize her to issue the corporate check.

A man called a few hours later and identified himself as a corporate lawyer for the company, and in fact apparently did a pretty good job of passing himself off, except for one factor.

"Lawyer": "Yes, Ms. Manager, we are authorizing you to issue a corporate check for one hundred thirteen dollars and eleven cents to Ms. Gomez."

Manager: "Sure. But so I can talk to the employee about the incident, would you mind giving me the name of the associate who harrassed Ms. Gomez, and the date it happened?"

"Lawyer": "She didn't get the name, but it was at eight in the evening on Thursday the 12th- a female associate."

Manager: "Well, that's very interesting, especially because we had no female employees working on Thursday." (CLICK)

Amusingly, the store at the time had over 20 female employees and only three men- and all three men had worked the closing shift on Thursday! Any other day and the scammer MIGHT have put one over- but karma bit her in the butt, and the manager called the police and all the other stores in the state with the names and phone numbers of both the man and woman who had called.
                          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

At one point we had 3 Chris' 3 Eric's and 4 Sarah's working at my store. When a customer tried to say "It was (insert one of the three names above) that helped me," we would get together in a lineup and say pick the person who helped you. NOT ONCE did they pick the right person, and usually it wasn't any of us that had helped them.

We would also mess with SC using that.
                            SC "Chris helped me the other day."
                            Chris "No I didn't."
                            SC "Well let me speak to Chris."
                            Chris "You're speaking to him."
                            SC "You're not Chris."
                            Chris "I'm the only Chris that's working. And last time I checked, my birth certificate, driver's license, social security card, and all my bank cards say I'm Chris."
                            SC "But...but...but..."
                            Chris "Thank you for calling and have a nice day." *click*
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Oh yeah I've had customers flat out lie to me before.
                              Our restarant has a little booth out at our county fair as well and this lady came out there and started screaming her head off when she saw there was mustard onions and pickles on her burger. We she went on and on saying that the resturant in town doesnt put that on there. The burgers come plain all the time.
                              I explained to her that we can make them plain but she has to ask and she says "well i never ask for them plain at the restaurant and they always come plain". Its like yeahhh nice try liar!! They ALWAYS come with the condiments on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X