This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False 'False Advertising,' An Idiot Owned

Once again, I'm surprised this didn't get me a customer complaint.

Woman comes in with her kid, asks if we had any Wiis. No, we won't have any until after the end of the month, seeing as to how we're still filling our preorders. That seems to satisfy her for the moment and they begin to wander the store.

Five minutes later she comes up and asks, "So, the Wii comes with a Wii Zapper, right?"

Blink. "No ma'am."

"But your system box over there has a picture of a Wii Zapper. So I guess this is just false advertising again, isn't it." She rolls her eyes at me. I hold back the urge to poke her in them with my long long fingernails. Instead, I offer a reply.

"It would be false advertising," I said as I grabbed the box, "If it didn't say here, 'Zapper not included with system.' on it." I pause to let that sink in, and lose control of my mouth as I often do in that brief moment. "I can hilight it if you want me to, if you can't see it."

She grabbed her child and stormed out.
    Would you like a Stummies?

I would have recommended a good optometrist. Good one.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I love SC's and their selective reading. Had that all the time when I worked at MP
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Gotta love selective reading.

SC: *points at sign over bread* IT SAYS 1,99$!!!

Liza: Yes, but it also says JAM!
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

had a classic case today of selective reading.

SC-but the sign said buy one get one free!!!!!

i check the sign. in small words, it says, buy one get one, and in huge letters, it says 50% OFF.

she saw buy one get one and stopped reading, thinking it meant she got one free...

Comment

Cable companies get folks who have a deadly combination of selective readers and people with defective wrists that can't turn their bills over to page two to see the details of their bill.

It's always all "YAAAAAAARGH YOU OVERCHARGED ME" and I'm all "turn your bill over to page two and read the details" and then I hear their brains asploding.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Isn't the zapper the remote you need to use the system? Not that it excuses her stupidity, but why wouldn't that be included?

Comment

Everytime we run our buy two get one free sale, I get at least five people that bring up only two things and say, "I get one of these for free, right?"

Whereupon my brain asplodes because I have to explain to grown people that 2+1=3.

rerant: Nah, the zapper's an extra accessory in the shape of a gun that you hook your main controller onto for shooting games.

Comment

The written word oh so scares me...

I had a customer ask if we had the bagged cranberries versus ones in the plastic shell. She obviously bypassed the little sign written in bold print stating clearly where the bagged cranberries were and instead asked me. So, what did I do...I just pointed at the sign. Eventually it sunk in...
                  HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Every day, no less than one person per hour asks for a food in a size we don't sell, I have looked at the speakerstands that people supposidly read prior to ordering, I am taking the liberty of clearing a few things up here:

There is no small size of french fries, tater tots, and onion rings. Same goes for any item that has icecream in it.

On the topic of icecream, we have regular and large, no route 44, don't ask for it. No, we cannot ring it up, nor can we make it with the equipment we have.

The list goes on, surficiing to say that none of theese items exist of the menus, we cannot ring them up and we hate people for asking.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
                    What does it mean?
                    I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Comment

I had this guy come into MP one day while I was straightening up our budget software. Directly behind me were our keyboards, mice, game pads, and joysticks. Above the wall was a sign in blue and yellow that said "KEYBOARDS, MICE, JOYSTICKS." The guy comes up and looks right at me with my back to the sign and wall and asks where are the keyboards and mice.
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
                        I had this guy come into MP one day while I was straightening up our budget software. Directly behind me were our keyboards, mice, game pads, and joysticks. Above the wall was a sign in blue and yellow that said "KEYBOARDS, MICE, JOYSTICKS." The guy comes up and looks right at me with my back to the sign and wall and asks where are the keyboards and mice.
                        Hey, we all have those days. Where things are just totally in the crapper and you look at a sign and it just doesn't say to you what it normally would.
                        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                          Isn't the zapper the remote you need to use the system? Not that it excuses her stupidity, but why wouldn't that be included?
                          Just to explain a bit further, the controller used for the system is called the Wii Remote, or "Wiimote" for short, along with a corded extension with a joystick on it called a Nunchuk.

The zapper is a plastic, gun-shaped shell you slip the "Wiimote" into for more precision control in shooting games.

A Nintendo system hasn't had an official Zapper controller since the original NES and Duck Hunt! (and yes I know the SNES had a gun controller too, but wasn't called a Zapper).

Yes, I'm a game nut
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                            "I can hilight it if you want me to, if you can't see it."

I wonder if I could ever get away with something like that.

I even happen to carry a highlighter marker in one of my apron pockets.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
                              We have big signs, all over the store, smaller signs hanging from the racks, and the biggest one of all hanging right above the registers, all of which say something to the effect of, "WE TAKE TRADE-INS!!!!111"

It never fails, at least once a day..."Do you guys take trade-ins?"

Comment

Working...
                              X