This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People love to deflate my bubble.

I like to go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of cool pens to take notes with at school and to use while serving, like one with a flashing disco ball, feathery ones, one with a heart, etc., etc. My latest "baby" is a pen with a stress ball attached to the top. Not only is it cute, but I like to squeeze it when people are giving me shit. (Which is often. )

GG: The eternal optimist
    Mr A: Mr. Asshat

GG: (handing credit card book back with stress ball pen in it because it was the only one not in use) Have a great weekend, sir!

Mr. A (scowling and rolling eyes): Wow, think this pen is big enough?

GG (in a lame attempt at cutesy-ness): It's one of those stress-ball things. You know, in case you get stressed out?

Mr. A (more sarcastically than The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy): Oh, yeah, because signing a slip is sooooo stressful.

GG: ----> ------> ----> ----> (Well, not really, but that's what it felt like).

I know a lot of people hate the world and like to take it out on positive people, but it wasn't like I was the annoying server from Office Space with a million pieces of "flair." Lighten up, people!
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

"No sir, but trying to get the bloodstains out of my clothes after I ram this pen through your jugular IS going to cause me undue stress. Have a nice NOT DYING JUST YET day, sir."
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post

Mr. A (more sarcastically than The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy): Oh, yeah, because signing a slip is sooooo stressful.
      GG: Only if "someone" wants to make it stressful.
      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

You never mentioned that the stress-ball was for him .....
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

My latest "baby" is a pen with a stress ball attached to the top. Not only is it cute, but I like to squeeze it when people are giving me shit. (Which is often. )
          I want that pen.
          I demand that pen.

Or at the very least...

PICS!
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

He's one of those people who thinks being a sarcastic dick is the same as having a real sense of humour.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Fun pens are cool

I have a Junie B. Jones Personal Beeswax pen. Her face floats up and down the top of the barrel.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                He's one of those people who thinks being a sarcastic dick is the same as having a real sense of humour.
                OK, let's be real here. Sarcasm can be really funny when used correctly.

It's the dick part that makes him a dick.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Fun pens rule, sucky customers drool. Dickweed.
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                    Fun pens rule, sucky customers drool. Dickweed.
                    As long as they don't drool on my fun pen!!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The funnest (okay, most fun) pens I have are big ones with the name of a local hospital or other business printed on them.

Much better than a skinny little Bic. Easier to hold and not as likely to break and leak in my pocket.

I like big pens and I cannot lie.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                        I'm lucky. I can be both a sarcastic dick AND have a real sense of humour with absolutely no turn-around. One sentence someone's glaring at me for insulting them with a sarcastic barb, and the next they're laughing.

Now, if I'd been you, GG, I'd have made a great show about taking the pen back and squeezing the stress ball. But I wouldn't have said anything. Nope. That's too obvious in this case.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

cute pens are always wonderful to have

personally, i always try to get myself something ultra-cute and girly for work... a pen with cute plush square pigs on the end (i love "monokuro boo"!), or a little plastic bear or cat on the end... hot pink pens... as long as it's black ink that's all that matters (a work requirement)

why? ... cos the guys never want to borrow cute girly pens *evil grin*

my current favorite is the black pens with the little bear on the end. it's so sharp, the first time i used it i was like, "is this a mechanical pencil?...no it really is a pen, cool" and no one wants to borrow it

Comment

I just got one that has the little sparkly blue & silver confetti & stars floating in some liquid. Ooooh, shiny

And if you have such obvious pens, people are less likely to absent-mindedly pocket them after signing.
                            Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM. Reason: afterthought
                            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I have Winnie the Pooh pens, they never go missing, I work with mostly men

Comment

Working...
                              X