This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, the day of the *boggle*

Two little gems from today, well, I SAY today, but it's yet to be lunchtime and the stupid appears to be strong today, so there may be more later!

Can you not read?
    I'm merrily serving, all is well, the day is, so far, a little wet, but pretty good in terms of lack of suck and general people contact. I can HEAR this guy snorting and sniffing and generally being disgusting in the background. Wiping his nose on his sleeve, randomly leaving books on top of shelves (a pet peeve), milling about and getting in the way of other customers. I'm too busy serving to really see what he's doing, but he doesn't look shifty, so I'm cool with it, figure he's prolly trying to keep out of the driving rain outside.

Eventually, he wanders up to the counter, dumps a stack of dirt cheap books on the counter, WATCHES me ring them all up, then when I give him the toal, tosses a booktoken down to the counter.

Me: "I'm sorry sir, we don't accept booktokens. *points to HUGE sign ON THE COUNTER stating this fact*"
    SC: "Oh...well don't worry about it then! *laughs, whips booktoken back and wanders out the door*
    Me *sighs* Thank you.
    SC (half way out the door) : HEY! You wasted my time too!

Right...so...I wasted your time by providing you with a handy rain shelter for a good 15 minutes, reading material, and a huge ass sign that you just couldn't be arsed to read...I despair.

Can you not read? part deux!
    On mondays, I work alone, this means I'm allowed to close the door whenever I need to to answer the back door (delivery entrance), nip upstairs to the bathroom or have lunch. I have a sign that I put in the window when I'm off the shop floor and I lock the door. I put up the "back in 5 minutes" sign, nipped upstairs to the bathroom, came back down, unlocked the door, removed the sign. People came and went. 10 minutes later a woman comes in and stops me in the middle of attempting to get the stupid work server to work with the following:

SC2:"Are you open?"
    Me: *mystified* "Um...yes?"
    SC2:"It said you were closed for five minutes so I waited outside...did you not see me?"
    Me: *still mystified* "Oh I see! Well, I can't actually see a whole lot from the front windows because of the window display, so I take the sign off the door and unlock it when I come back down. *gestures to the HUGE display which blocks a good chunk of the window*"
    SC2:"So you didn't see me?"
    Me:"No, sorry."
    SC2:"FINE then! *storms round shop in a snit, grabs a calendar and a diary and dumps them on the desk*"

I give her the total, she says not a single word. Throws the cash at me over the counter then storms out again. We're in a mall, there's people hanging around outside ALL the shops, clearly I missed the part where I was supposed to magically divine which of those people required entrance to my shop...silly me...

Seriously, they're losing it more than normal I swear...

There goes my last shread of hope for humanity...oh well, I'm sure Armageddeon will be interesting, afterall if the worlds ending people will hopefully be less inclined to be total morons, or they'll die. Either way it's a win win.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

What's a booktoken?
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is a book token?
        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

It's a gift certificate, but you can only exchange it for books. It's good becuase it's not specific to one bookshop, most places accept it.

Not all though, which is why I always check with a staff member.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Oooooooooooooh, I think I want booktokens.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So do I. My favorite bookstore has a 'frequent customer card.' Every time you make a purchase, they write down how much. After the 10th purchase, they average the sales & you get that much credit.

So I just buy 10 $6.99 books, I know that I can get a $6.99 books. Do you know how rare it is that >5 of my entries are only for 1 book?
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
              X