This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My calls from tonight

The first call, it's to a woman who starts being patronizing with me when she finds out why I'm calling. She started out very annoying and by the end of the call I wanted to slap her for being the leech she is.

She tells me she couldn't possibly owe, since she is on every single govt. assistance there is. Trust me, she listed them all. How this had anything to do with her bill was beyond me.

She then tried to tell me something about her bill was illegal. I doubted that, since she seemed to be the kind who would have been to a lawyer just as soon as humanly possible for the $$$.

She then ends the call with "do you understand all that?" I told her in the same patronizing tone "do you understand you still owe this bill?" She hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second call, the woman wasn't being rude, just explaining for 40 minutes why she didn't think she owed, or husband or her mama. Yes, she started explaining why her family didn't owe, when I was only calling for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third call, the man gets all excited and tells me he is going to record the call. Whatever, so I waited for him to finish doing what ever he was doing to record the call.

He then asks my name, which I tell him. Then he asks where I'm calling from. I tell him that too and explain why I'm calling.

He got all dejected and admitted he owed and would pay soon. I knew he was hoping I was telemarketer so he could cash in and got upset when I wasn't.

Don't tell me you are going to take a message for the person and then hang up. Just say you don't want to take a message. I won't get offended, I promise.

When you tell me the person isn't in and ask where I'm calling from, it's not going to be believable when you then try to tell me I have the wrong number. I'm not stupid, like you. mmmkay?

Yes, I will call you back if we don't the payment you said you were going to mail in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saying you have no idea what I'm talking about and hang up is not going to get you out of a bill either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was more than happy to leave tonight. I felt my brain crying in pain trying to understand the utter stupidity I dealt with tonight.
    Last edited by Misanthropical; 01-16-2008, 03:37 AM.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
    Don't tell me you are going to take a message for the person and then hang up. Just say you don't want to take a message. I won't get offended, I promise.
    I must admit I've done this one before. I swear on my own future grave I just went to get something to write the message with and by the time I got back either the phone was spewing a dial tone or nobody answered when I said "OK, I'm back, what did you want me to tell him?......... Hello?............ Damn it...-click-"
    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Working...
    X