This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ole switcheroo

One story that really stands out in my retailing career was at the grocery store I worked at. I worked at the customer service desk and this lady called up about these rolls she had purchased. She goes on to tell me that she thought they should have been buy one get one. So I go to the ad for the date that she was referring to (a few weeks had passed since that sale). I seen in that ad that the store brand rolls were buy one get one that week. I asked her which rolls did she purchase and she replied that she had purchased a more poplular national brand. I go on to explain that those were not the ones on sale and that the store brand was the one on sale that week and that was why she didn't get the buy one get one price. Here's the kicker.... she goes on to say that she knew that but insists that she "Only buys the best" and that she SWITCHED the sign by the rolls so that she could get "her" rolls for that price. I went on to explain that first of all, just because she switched the signs does not entitle her to a different price and secondly that she had sort have admitted fraud to me as well. So she ends the call and I think ok, problem solved. About a MONTH later, she comes into the store and is arguing with another clerk about the SAME THING! Of course the other clerk explained the same thing to her. But this lady would not budge, she wanted a refund on the other product that she ADMITTED to switching the sign on. Then of course she wanted to see a manager, and after arguing with the manager for about 20 minutes, he of course gave in to her mainly just to get rid of her. Gee, if we can get away with getting a better price by simply switching a sign, then maybe I'll trade my Cavalier in and switch it with the sign of a Lexus to get a better price, let's "only buy the best" shall we?

She's probably lying about switching the sign, as-if.
    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

hahaha, you shouldv'e called the cops. That is fraud. lol, some people
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Maybe the manager should have asked her to write out, in detail, how she intended to pull off this nefarious scheme. And ask you to please sign it on camera so they have written and video evidence to use against her when they call the cops for stealing. Bet she wouldn't stay arguing then.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

A better way to get rid of her; just tell her to wait there while you call the police and pick up the phone as if to dial. Turn your back while doing this, and she'll leg it out the door. There, problem SC gone and no freebies given away.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

LOL good one LNS!

Comment

Quoth retailwrkralum View Post
              Then of course she wanted to see a manager, and after arguing with the manager for about 20 minutes, he of course gave in to her mainly just to get rid of her.
              I hate it when they do that. That will get rid of them for the moment, but then they'll come back and do it again. And if anyone tries to refuse them, then they get to say, "You let me do it last time!"

Spineless managers suck.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

"Sorry Ma'am. When you only buy the best, you indeed have to pay for it. It's what I taught my 2 year old the other day... yes you have to pay for what you want and that stealing is wrong."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  A better way to get rid of her; just tell her to wait there while you call the police and pick up the phone as if to dial. Turn your back while doing this, and she'll leg it out the door. There, problem SC gone and no freebies given away.
                  Oh, biscuit. YES. EXACTLY.

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X