This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Sucky, DVM

Gotta love it when the day starts with a @#$%ing SC.

Lady calls. It's a veterinary office. I go into the spiel hoping that it is a receptionist or something, because, quite frankly, a majority of the actual doctors are full of themselves. And lo and behold, its the doctor in charge. Not my day.

So the situation goes as follows. In the very beginning of the call, Dr.SC acknowledges the fact that her business, for some reason unfathomable to this SC, has multiple accounts under multiple different names, and has known this for a while now. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but any sensible business person may want to correct this to prevent any screw ups... As soon as they discover the problem. Not Dr.SC though. Anyway, she had originally called to place an order for shampoo that was out of stock. At the time of the original attempt, she canceled the order. Canceled order was kept in system, canceled mind you, on one of the many accounts, as a record of the attempted transaction and reason for cancellation.

Dr.SC calls back the very next day, items still on backorder. She decides to backorder this, on a seperate account from the first attempt. Now, for this to happen the sales rep who places the order must know the A) Customer number or B) That there are multiple accounts and that the customer picks one of them. Either way Dr.SC would know where it was placed based on the name. Secondly, and ordr number is placed on each order and given to the customer. This way they call with said number, and we find said order, and everyone is happy.

So we go to a week in the future. Dr.SC calls to check on the order. She gives the rep info that leads rep to account #1 instead of giving the order number. On account #1 is a canceled order, very similar to the one she had placed on account #2. Instead of asking rep to check for other accounts, which she has already admitted to knowing about, she places a second identical order on account #1. Next day, both orders ship out.

Skip forward to me today. Dr.SC calls in demanding we pick up one of the orders. I ask for order numbers, and look over the present information. She then gives me an account of the above, that is pretty much similar to what I have written, minus the bitterness that has seeped through my fingers. I double check what information she had written down from the first order on account #2, and lo and behold, she has the order number. Had she checked with this, she would have not made two identical orders. I explain all this to her, explaining why we would not be picking this up using a majority of what she has told me and what is in the system. Ofcourse, Dr.SC is not happy to be stopped by a lowley CS rep such as myself.

Me: Pissed off stubborn mule.
    SC: You can take your degree and use as the suppository it was meant to be.

SC: But I've made seven calls about these five bottles of shampoo. I shouldn't have to spend four hours on the phone for something so simple.
    Me: I do apologize miss, and I do understand where you are coming from. However, from everything you have told me and the information available in the system, this is in no way our fault. You are responsible for shipping this back to us.
    SC: Why are you making something so simple difficult? You should do what I tell you, deliver what I want, where I want it, when I want it. [b](Yes, she said this. Verbatim.)[/b}
    Me: I am sorry miss, however that is exactly what we did. You canceled the first order, and placed two consecutive orders, both of which were delivered to where you wanted them delivered. We have done everything you asked up to this point, and as far as I can tell, there is no error here on our part.
    SC: Well if you had a business you would understand what's going on here. If you were running a business you would understand, but maybe you can't which is why you are doing what you are doing. *click*

Yep, take a shot and run. Didn't even want a manager.

On the bright side, there were pancakes here when I got into work. Can't be too bad a day when you get free pancakes.

Doctors are the worst customers.

But than they're better than us, non-doctors. Just ask them, they'll tell you.
    Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

A good 90% of the doctors who we see prescriptions from on a regular basis at our pharmacy are stubborn, arrogant, holier-than-thou. . . well, you get the point. Doctors really are the worst customers, at least at my store.

Comment

There is a Doctor who stays at the hotel I work at who is such a miserable bastard.

I don't know what his problem is....but you can imagine the unending joy I felt when I had to go to the Emergency room one night....and see....you guessed it....the miserable bastard. So I asked the nurse how many doctors were working and she said that she thought two. I think she got what I was getting at because I got to see the other doctor.

Oh, and one thing that IRKS me to no end is when you see a reservation for Doctor so and so......to stay in a hotel, we do not need to know that you are a doctor. Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but it just seems pretentious. We don't put Mr, Miss, or Mrs. on the reservation, so why doctor?

okay....end of my rant!

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
          We don't put Mr, Miss, or Mrs. on the reservation, so why doctor?

okay....end of my rant!
          the only time I care about title is for people traveling on military business, then I'll put their rank on the reservation... just one more thing to confirm that they are traveling on military business I guess.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
            Oh, and one thing that IRKS me to no end is when you see a reservation for Doctor so and so......to stay in a hotel, we do not need to know that you are a doctor. Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but it just seems pretentious. We don't put Mr, Miss, or Mrs. on the reservation, so why doctor?

Because he paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, and spent over a decade learning in order to earn that title... and damnit he's going to use it!

(Well, at least that's my old roommate's reasoning for wanting to use 'Dr' once he graduates.)
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

A DVM ordering her own supplies!!

When I worked at the vet clinic, one of the technicians was in charge of inventory and ordering the things we needed.
              The vet who takes care of my kitties is really sweet. I've had her as a customer at my store and she isn't the usual sterotypical "I'm a doctor! Bow down and worship me!"

Lawyers, I think, behave worse than doctors when out in the general population.

Comment

You did just what she wanted and she got what she ordered.

But since you know that this office has multiple accounts can you request to your business office to combine the accounts into one so this wouldn't happen again ?

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                  Because he paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, and spent over a decade learning in order to earn that title... and damnit he's going to use it!

(Well, at least that's my old roommate's reasoning for wanting to use 'Dr' once he graduates.)
                  Yeah. That's my thinking.

Also, most doctors are doctors because, oddly enough, they want to make money. (What an alien concept.) More often than not, in my experience, and so this may be very wrong, but..., Doctors and Lawyers don't come from money. People who come from money tend to go into business to pick up where daddy left off. Doctors and such professionals tend to come from a mid-to-lower-class background, and are having trouble convincing themselves that they actually made it, and have money.

What's the first step to convincing yourself that you have money? Typically, it's convince everything that moves around you by throwing it in their face.
                  "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth PorkChop View Post
                    A DVM ordering her own supplies!!

When I worked at the vet clinic, one of the technicians was in charge of inventory and ordering the things we needed.
                    The vet who takes care of my kitties is really sweet. I've had her as a customer at my store and she isn't the usual sterotypical "I'm a doctor! Bow down and worship me!"

Lawyers, I think, behave worse than doctors when out in the general population.
                    Actually, I've only ever seen one lawyer being an SC. Doctors, however, I see ranting, raving and sucking all the time.

I think Lawyers have a very negative rep, and so when one acts like an ass, people tend to notice it more, whereas Dr. House's attitude is very counter-stereotypical doctor, though most of them seem to act like him.

Comment

Memberships are non-transferable at my work. You cannot buy or return anything unless you have your own membership. Regardless, it happened today and, of course, they made the man an exception to return an item because he went into a sob story that his parents who owned the account were old and sick and couldn't make it out to the store (which of course only came up after the sup came around, and not to me first.)

According to the receipt, the guy who bought it used a check 2 days ago to buy it. Checks not cleared, means store credit only. I tell the son, and this is what he says.

SC: But he's a doctor.
                      Me: But if he wrote a check less than 10 days ago, I have to give store credit.
                      SC: He's a doctor!
                      Me: I don't care, checks from "doctors" and "high-income" people bounce too. I'm sorry, but it's store credit only.
                      SC: Well, how am I supposed to use it then?
                      Me: You'd have to open your own membership, and besides, it's your father's return?
                      SC: Well, I should get cash! He's a doctor!

GROAN. It runs in the family too.

What else is interesting is that the trend at my work is that checks from these "doctors" and sorts bounce tons more than the people that make less money. Why? Most likely they don't budget as well, balance their checkbooks, and think they don't need to... and spend much more than they have in their checking accounts!
                      "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

I waitressed for a grand total of three days at a restaurant right down the street from a major hospital in our area. We got doctors in all the time, and you know what they did? Ordered nothing but coffee and maybe a piece of pie, sat there for many hours, and left loose change for a tip. Doctors and lawyers are the absolute worst of the worst as far as customers go.

Comment

Erm.
                          My Dad's a doctor. He's not sucky. If something is wrong, he'll complain, but not in a "HOLY CRAP YOU CONSPIRED TO RUIN MY DAY WTFBBQ!" Just in a "Oh, by the way, this is wrong, please could you fix it?" way.
                          The only sucky doctors I've experienced have been surgeons. GPs generally are ok, as are anaesthetists - however, scalpel jockeys tend to have very swollen egos.
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            Erm.
                            My Dad's a doctor. He's not sucky. If something is wrong, he'll complain, but not in a "HOLY CRAP YOU CONSPIRED TO RUIN MY DAY WTFBBQ!" Just in a "Oh, by the way, this is wrong, please could you fix it?" way.
                            The only sucky doctors I've experienced have been surgeons. GPs generally are ok, as are anaesthetists - however, scalpel jockeys tend to have very swollen egos.
                            Nobody is saying that everyone with the Dr. in front of their name is an ass. Just that a ton are.

Personally, my mother is an audiologist... Then again, my mom is quite possibly the worst entitlement whore on the planet, so bad example...

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                              Actually, I've only ever seen one lawyer being an SC. Doctors, however, I see ranting, raving and sucking all the time.

I think Lawyers have a very negative rep, and so when one acts like an ass, people tend to notice it more, whereas Dr. House's attitude is very counter-stereotypical doctor, though most of them seem to act like him.
                              House is awesome though! I'd rather have a doc that knows his shit and is an ass than is a nice guy with no clue.

Comment

Working...
                              X