This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactless customers

Ok, so this is my first rant, so I'm gonna give you a little background, and then go from there.

Where I work, we take catalog clothing orders over the phone, in a lovely call center environment *sarcasm*

It's a full time job, unless they give us VTO(voluntary time off) or early us out.

Anyhow, after an unusually slow day, I get this lady today.

Me: Welcome to ********, this is Jennifer, how may I help you?
    Her: Yes. I'd like to place an order for some clothes.
    Me: (to myself...really? a catalog order for clothes? I thought we sold books.)
    Me: Ok. Sure. May I have your name please?
    Her: *name*
    Me: *verifies billing address*
    Me: Asks for first item number.
    Her: # ___________
    Me: And the size? color?
    Her: Answers with size, and color.
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am those shirts are no longer available, in that size, or any color.
    Her: If I find the fat bitches who are wearing my shirts on the street, I'm going to hit them so hard, they won't know what happened.
    Me: May I have your next item number please?
    Her: What? don't you find that funny? Those fatties buy up all the clotes and leave nothing for the rest of us.
    Me: Ma'am I'm sorry we must have a bad connection, you might want to call back.

Ugh!! I hear stuff like this, and worse everyday!!! They tell us to hang up on the "perverts", who call us to talk about what we're wearing, but honestly, they are a lot nicer, than the morons who call me on a daily basis.
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

I think you handled that well, I would have laughed or expressed disgust. Not that it was funny, I just couldn't imagine an off the wall resonse like that.

Comment

Maybe it's just because customers (for some reason known only to them) seem to feel like their memories are worthless and as such want to spend as little as possible on photofinishing... but do that many people really get that upset over clothing?

I mean, clothing. It hides your nakedness. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it really really should.

When I walk into your average clothes store, I'm overwhelmed by the selection available to me. I can't begin to imagine what goes on in the head of the customer who finds that much choice insufficient....
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
        Maybe it's just because customers (for some reason known only to them) seem to feel like their memories are worthless and as such want to spend as little as possible on photofinishing... but do that many people really get that upset over clothing?

I mean, clothing. It hides your nakedness. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it really really should.

When I walk into your average clothes store, I'm overwhelmed by the selection available to me. I can't begin to imagine what goes on in the head of the customer who finds that much choice insufficient....

You would not believe the kinds of things these customers do. But, because the customer is always right, we have to bow down, and kiss their butts.

We have this lady who has placed 15 phone orders in the last 2 months. She orders the wrong size, and then calls in, says we ordered the wrong size, demands her money back, and then that we resend out the correct size....and get this? We do it!!!!!

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post
          You would not believe the kinds of things these customers do. But, because the customer is always right, we have to bow down, and kiss their butts.
          On this site, the customer is never right.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
            On this site, the customer is never right.

Oh, I know. Which is why I am so glad I found it!! This is the greatest place ever!

I will have so much more to share, believe me.

Comment

Oh, I know. Which is why I am so glad I found it!! This is the greatest place ever!

I will have so much more to share, believe me.
              And wait until I finish setting up the details and founding the marvelous country of nonmoronia, you will all be thrilled.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

A friend once told me this "The customer is always right, but they're not always correct"

Comment

Oh orcprincess, I feel your pain. I used to take orders for a book catalog and would get the same nonsense. One in particular sticks out in my mind.

Me: "Oh, I'm sorry, but that book is sold out."
                  Customer: "Well, that's terrible. Now I'm going to hang myself and it will all be your fault!"
                  Me: "I'm sorry. Can I help you with anything else?"

I'm 99.5% certain she meant it as a joke, but really.....who on earth would make a joke like that?

Comment

They tell us to hang up on the "perverts", who call us to talk about what we're wearing
                    HeHeHe, That's the first thing I ask telemarketers.
                    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth susan View Post
                      Customer: "Well, that's terrible. Now I'm going to hang myself and it will all be your fault!"
                      "Ma'am, per our instructions, I am now dialing 9-1-1, may I have your address so I know where to have the police sent?"
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It's a full time job, unless they give us VTO(voluntary time off) or early us out.
                        I remember VTO from when I worked at the Victoria's Secret Call Center. I loved VTO!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
                          A friend once told me this "The customer is always right, but they're not always correct"
                          At my job we say it this way

"The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer."

its true, it may not be the nicest part of your job, but you have to deal with them, they arnt going to go away
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Her: What? don't you find that funny? Those fatties buy up all the clotes and leave nothing for the rest of us.

Hey, just something I noticed, if the larger people are buying all the clothes that she wants, doesn't that, in actual fact, mean that she is also large? Because why on earth would she want clothes that larger people buy, if she herself was not large?? Hmmmm ...
                            'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
                            'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
                              Because why on earth would she want clothes that larger people buy, if she herself was not large?? Hmmmm ...
                              What about for lounging in? For lazing around the house? Or possibly for cleaning?
                              Just a few thoughts.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X