Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have never wanted to kill someone so badly before. (quickie)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never wanted to kill someone so badly before. (quickie)

Had a woman come up to my refunds till with a HUGE carton...

"Yeah, I want to return these."

Carton opens to be..... CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. HUNDREDS OF TANGLED, FILTHY, FRESH OFF THE HOUSE, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS.

"I don't know how many there are. I called and your manager said you'd count them."

NOW, I spend the next 30 minutes untangling them and counting the strands as she STANDS THERE AND WATCHES ME. At least her son helped.

This put me in a rotten mood for a good hour after the fact. My dept manager (who did NOT authorize this) looks pretty steamed at the fact I had to do that...

Happy birthday to me. (literally)
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

First, Happy Birthday! I hope the rest of your day was more pleasant than this.

Second, you mean you actually had to take back all of these obviously used Christmas lights? No way in hell would any store I ever worked for let someone return obviously used items, let alone a tangled mess of crap like this.

Wow. Just. Wow.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post

Happy birthday to me. (literally)
      Happy Birthday! It's too bad you couldn't have double checked that first. It would have been nice to say, Sorry, No.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Absurd.

No manager in their right mind should have authorized that. The lights were used, they weren't in good condition, and the woman was a lazy bitch.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Happy birthday!!

It got better after that, right??
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It wasn't the Griswald's Christmas lights, was it?!

The horror!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Happy B-Day!

If I were the manager i would have told he to scram. I put over 5,000 lights on my house each year. The only time i have returned a string was when it didn't work when I opened the box. If i buy new lights, before I remove them from the packaged I test them first. That way if they don't work the store will see they were defective from the factory, not because of my use.

Comment

This is why I'm glad I don't work retail. That would've infuriated me to the point that one of the following would've happened...

"Look, I'll give you $5 if you just take that tangled mess outta my face and don't return here today with it. $5. Take it or leave it."

Take a long strand, jump the desk, loop it around the SC's neck, and over-the-shoulder strangle her a la Hitman style.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday and Feliz Cumpleanos to you!
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

What a moron. Most stores are already sold out of their 75% Holiday clearance, but your store will now be taking this back? And she's not stupid, either, deliberately lying about calling ahead. She knew the polite thing to do would be to call ahead...grr.

Here's wishing you well and hoping you got lots of awesome loot!
                  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Why?

Did you trust her word? Why didn't you ask your manager first? Especially on seasonal produces light Christmas lights, and dirty ones at that.

Comment

The manager, MY manager, who saw this exchange was pretty pissed that the lady didn't even have the proper decency to sort the lights. The reason we took it back is because you pay a membership fee to shop at the store, and thats how come we can afford to have a lifetime return policy that applies to most products.

The lady also had the full name and signature of the manager that authorized it. It was the morning crew manager, but nevertheless, a manager. My manager couldn't have took back what the other manager said, but I assure you, she probably had words with him.

And my 21st birthday goes all weekend, because I had to work. I got a Keureg Coffee Maker, a white gold garnet ring, a new set of 4 rice bowls and chopsticks for my hope chest, socks, and some beautiful asian-style decorative boxes. Saturday, the day after my birthday, I am off. We're going to The Melting Pot (fondue place, I've never been there) and, no, I don't drink, so no hangovers. Just a nice weekend.
                      Last edited by Nakajo; 01-26-2008, 06:23 AM.
                      "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Ooh, Melting Pot! I've been there once, probably won't be able to afford it again for years, but it's SOOO worth it! Make sure you plan for plenty of time to eat, the whole thing takes about 3 hours.
                        *drooling*
                        What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

The IM at the garden centre where I used to work wouldn't have authorised a refund, cuz the boss would have killed him. XD I wouldn't have even touched the lights; I would have called the manager over straight away cuz I used to hate his guts and handing him a load of crap like this used to be one of the few bright spots in my life at that store. XD

Yes, I did use to work in Pets. No, that would not have stopped someone dumping a box of used lights on my till. -.-
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

So I guess she bought them, put them on her house for Christmas, and then took them down and returned them? Cheapskate. She could have at least untangled them. I guess she assumes you have nothing better to do than clean up her mess to save her a few cents.
                            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

!! Hope you enjoyed your dinner. I've been to the Melting Pot once...with 13 people (bill was over $700 ). I'd go back for the Mexican cheese fondue, and dessert (I got the Bailey's and milk chocolate, yum), but I think I'd skip the main course part. I frankly prefer to have my food already cooked when it gets to me Bring me the chocolate and a giant plate of fruit and I'd be in heaven!
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X