This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children & haircuts - then the applause that followed

A few years back I was at a Supercuts, but I must have picked the wrong time to be there. Yet, this was my only day off, and it would be another week or so before I could go again, so I decided to wait my turn. This lady was there with her three unbehaved and unclean children. These were all boys, and they looked like they ranged in age from six to ten years old. The entire time, while Mommy was getting a haircut, these kids ran rampant, going to the workstations of the stylists, picking up stuff, going through drawers, and the bathrooms. Not one time did their mother say or do anything, except sit there while she was getting her new hairdo. I must have sat there about twenty minutes until they called my name, and during my entire cut, these kids ran around rampant. A couple of the employees had politely asked the kids to settle down, but Mommy gave them looks as if to say, "How dare you speak to my kids like that!"

Finally, about five minutes into my haircut, this lady was finished and went to pay, still with the kids running rampant. She gathered up her kids, and as soon as all of them were out and the door had closed behind them, the employees and all the remaining customers, including myself, applauded and cheered! Everyone was so glad they had left, but had a concern they might come back. They never did.

I have children of my own, and I do not permit them to act like this. I have taught them to respect people's property and their privacy. And, if they do misbehave, I make sure they know they either stop it, or they'll pay a price. Believe me, everyone wanted to kill these four people.

Mommy needed to be ushered out of the store mid-cut. Had I been manager there, that's exactly what would've happened had the kids not calmed down.

And, I probably would've given the stylist whatever pathetic amount SuperCuts pays per cut out of my own pocket so they aren't screwed over.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Barber Stylist what's the diffierence

Scissors, trimming blades, peroxide, alcohol based solutions.

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, I would have demanded the kids behave or all leave, it is to dangerous to have the kids running around there.

Comment

And this is the exact type of fuck-wit that would sue if one of her precious darlings cut himself on a sharp object as he was misbehaving.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Jeez if I had ever acted like that when I lived with my grandparents I woulda gotten my rump handed to me.
          My Wajas cave

Comment

That 'mommy' does not deserve to be called a parent. Kids should NOT be running around in a place with sharp objects and dangerous chemicals!

Glad to hear they never came back!

Comment

If I did what those children did, my parents would've smacked the crap out of me.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
                Jeez if I had ever acted like that when I lived with my grandparents I woulda gotten my rump handed to me.
                I'd had worse: I'd been picking up the pieces of myself and putting them into a Baggie to carry home . . . . my Mom didn't play.

Prime example: summer 1980 (I think) and Mom was taking both me and my younger brother to Blue Light to get a few clothes for school.

Of course, my brother (even though he's mentally challenged) kept harping about toys. Mom kept repeating herself (been a lot easier back then to just have a tape recorder and play it back) that we were getting school clothes and if he showed his butt, she'd take him back home to Grandma.

No sooner had we entered the store, my brother decided he was going to throw the biggest temper tantrum EVER and is in the floor, screaming, crying, beating fists, legs flailing . . . while I simply wanted to find a hole to crawl into.

Mom made good on her threat . . . she picked his butt up (he was not quite 6 and skinny as a rail then,) carried him back outside to the truck and we went home.

No sooner did we get him back into the house and Grandma started trying to get him to chill . . . Mom put me back in the truck and we went back to the store for school clothes.

And as a bonus: I never had to put up with his temper tantrums out in public again . . . Mom decided that year from then on, we'd go on separate days to get our stuff.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X