This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But they don't talk back!

This lady wasn't really a sucky customer, but a little bit srange.
    I was scanning her groceries when I heard her talking to what I assumed was a little kid that I couldn't see from where I was standing. She said,"Come on kids", when she had finished unloading her trolley, and went to the other end to start loading all the scanned and bagged groceries back into her trolley.

There were no kids. There never were any kids. She was talking to her groceries.
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

That is an odd one...
    "Those who do not complain are never pitied." - Jane Austen.

Comment

Yep . . . that's definitely unusual. Especially since I've never talked to my groceries.

Maybe it's because I'm kinda afriad of what they may have to say
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Very odd.

Maybe a touch of Alzheimer's beginning?

I knew a lady who used to line up the pictures of her grandchildren at the table, and then get upset when they wouldn't eat.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

You mean, you don't talk to your groceries?
          "Stupid bread, why won't you go in the freezer!" seems to be the most common from me.

OT: Ree, I can't believe it took me so long to figure out what your avatar is supposed to be.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            OT: Ree, I can't believe it took me so long to figure out what your avatar is supposed to be.
            LOL...it's my great-nephew and his dog. I guess it comes across better in the large pic, which is probably my favourite picture of him.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              LOL...it's my great-nephew and his dog. I guess it comes across better in the large pic, which is probably my favourite picture of him.
              I've never seen a kid in the pic before, it's always been the dog and a blob that I always assumed was another dog.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                You mean, you don't talk to your groceries?
                "Stupid bread, why won't you go in the freezer!" seems to be the most common from me.
                For me, it's the "Get in my belly!" line.
                WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
                  There were no kids. There never were any kids. She was talking to her groceries.
                  Maybe she's fluent (fluid? ) in the obscure language known as "Grocery". Maybe all grocery items talk to us, but we don't understand them. Maybe they can do so subconciously, and that would explain the so-called "impulse" shopping...

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had a bloke who once hypnotised our peaches and nectarines. I think that was really sweet of him.

He was good, you know. They never moved after that...

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow, just wow.... words fail me on this one....

This about sums it up....
                      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Sandy View Post
                        ...There were no kids. There never were any kids. She was talking to her groceries.
                        "No Mommy! Please don't eat me! Oh noooooo....*crunch*"

Oh. I made myself sad.
                        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                          "No Mommy! Please don't eat me! Oh noooooo....*crunch*"

Oh. I made myself sad.
                          Did I ever tell you that you crack me up?

Comment

Talking to groceries is not that odd, compared to some of the wackos we have dealt with in our jobs, if you ask me.

Heck, we have cereals that talk to us...*snap* *crackle* *pop* anyone?
                            We have elves talking to us about their cookies (Keebler).
                            Talking tigers hawking cereal, jazzy cheetahs promoting cheese puffs, toucans stumping for other cereal. (Why are there so many damn talking animals in the cereal aisle, anyway?)
                            And who hear hasn't squeezed some grocery item and listened to it for something?

Heck, I have been known to scold the beers and/or the food when I am at work if it doesn't behave. The guests sometimes find this a little odd, but then, the guests sometimes find me a little odd.
                            On the ten scale of customer suckiness, I would be hard-pressed to give the talking grocery lady so much as a 2.

Of course, this is just one fellow's opinion. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go discuss politics with a loaf of rye bread.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                              Did I ever tell you that you crack me up?
                              Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. *bows*

Seriously though, this thread reminds me of Veggie Tales... and now I have the song stuck in my head... joy!

"If you like to talk to tomatos-
                              if a squash can make you smile-
                              If you like to waltz with potatos-
                              up and down the produce aisle....

THEN WE'VE GOT A SHOW FOR YOU!"

/loves Veggie Tales!
                              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
                              X