This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rip Off That Never Was

We had an elderly couple stay at our hotel for a week. Totally nice and left their stayovers practically immaculate. It came time for them to check out when it was discovered that they had been accidently overcharged. This was no problem thay had not paid yet and it got adjusted to the real rate.

However the wife stated that "our owner knew what she was doing" and was "trying to rip them off". She then of course stated she was never going to stay here again.

What is your problem lady? A mistake was made and was corrected. You paid exactly what you were intending to pay. Get out of your imaginary world where you think you are more important than you actually are.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Ah, but don't you realize? EVERYTHING is intentional, because everyone is OUT TO GET THEM. You included. You probably waited for them to leave and then shouted "Curses! Foiled again!" while twirling your Snidely Whiplash-style mustache.
    Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      Get out of your imaginary world where you think you are more important than you actually are.
      Unfortunately, customers can't get out of that world. They all live in it and that is all they know: "I am more important than anyone else in the entire world, and "servers" should do as I say"
      "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Get out of your imaginary world where you think you are more important than you actually are.
        This is precisely why about half of my customers are so paranoid about wireless networks. They've heard about "hackers" being able to break into a wireless network and steal personal information. True, it happens. Wireless networks should be secured with at least password protection. However, most of the time, someone's just looking for an internet signal to freeload from. And I'm sure my customers don't have enough enemies or enough personal information on their computers to be at all in danger.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

She's one of the Perfect People (PP). You see, PPs (do you put an 's' on that for plural since people already is?) never make mistakes. Ever. So the concept is foreign to them. Therefore, other people's mistakes are absolutely never simply a mistake. There must be another reason.

This could include:
          - They are out to get you.
          - They are trying to rip you off.
          - They don't like people of your skin colour/gender/sexuality.
          - They are trying to get rich off of ignorant people who don't notice these cunning scams and stop them.

Etc etc etc...

Oh to be one of the Perfect People...

Comment

However the wife stated that "our owner knew what she was doing" and was "trying to rip them off".
            Quick!!!!! Hide!!!!!! They're on to you!!!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
              She's one of the Perfect People (PP). You see, PPs (do you put an 's' on that for plural since people already is?) never make mistakes.
              Hmmm... the 'perfect people's...? Maybe PP should stand for Perfect Person, then you could use PPs (sub machine gun. Russian armament in Call of Duty... er, no, that's a PPsh)
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

perfect people=paranoia

or so it sounds; i have better things to do then to 'get them.' like contemplate the growth rate of a blade of grass, or the depth of a mud puddle.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I always call those people "Beautiful People" as in the Marilyn Manson song.

Anyways, these people have way too good an opinion of themselves.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X