This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Didn't You Say So

So I am working front desk and am told the change machine in our adjoining laundry was on the fritz. There was a sign informing the patrons to come over to the hotel for change. I have a girl strut in yammering on her cell and drops a ten on the counter.

I smile politely and just stare back at her, she talks for a few more minutes while I continue to wait. She notices that I haven't moved and without stopping her conversation pushes the bill closer to me and points to it.

I continue to smile and wait when she finally sighs ends her call and says in an annoyed tone "I need ten dollars in change" "Well why didn't you say so in the first place" I reply pleasantly.

You do not walk into my office, toss some money on the counter and ignore me while you chat on your cell. Temporarily pause that precious phone call and treat me like a human. If not I'm patient I'll wait until you are done.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

It's too bad you don't know origami, you could have made a bird and given it to her.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
      It's too bad you don't know origami, you could have made a bird and given it to her.

Sadly, the size and shape of the average American dollar are entirely wrong for folding paper cranes. Cranes are best built from a water bomb fold, and they have to be perfectly square...
      Hey! That's an idea... start squaring that bill for her! Make that paper crane!
      Get in trouble with the National Treasury/Government for defacing national property... crap.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I would have said "Thanks." and pocketed it.

Comment

Origami can be done with american money, just not paper cranes.
          http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Sadly, the size and shape of the average American dollar are entirely wrong for folding paper cranes. Cranes are best built from a water bomb fold, and they have to be perfectly square...
            Hey! That's an idea... start squaring that bill for her! Make that paper crane!
            Get in trouble with the National Treasury/Government for defacing national property... crap.
            That's not the kind of bird I was thinking of.
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
              That's not the kind of bird I was thinking of.
              *insert Joe Pesci imitation*
              Are you cursing at me?
              Are you cursing at me?
              *end Joe Pesci impression*

Whoops. Your post mentioned origami and birds, so I just connected the two, apparently.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
                Origami can be done with american money, just not paper cranes.
                I never said you can't do origami with money, I just pointed out cranes aren't possible with a non-square piece of paper/cotton/whatever.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Seriously, how fricking long could it have taken to say "Hang on Sally, Hi TruthHurts, I need change of a 10 please." ??

It's a small sentence. It takes about 2 seconds to say it. Harumph!.

Comment

I have directoins somewhere of making a Klingon Bird of Prey out of a dollar bill.
                    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Sorry, Juwl, I apologize for the tone of my earlier post, it was unintentional...and Horsetuna, that sounds totally awesome!
                      http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Next time throw on a pair of big cheesy sunglasses, grab a marker and write, "All My Love, Elvis" on it then jump up and do the infamous, "Uhh-huh" with hip move and strut out.
                        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                        HellGate: London

Comment

NightAngel, that's funny.

At the point of the woman pointing at the bill, I would've pointed towards the door. But that's just me.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X