X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ye Gods!

Couple stories from today:

You're arguing over a sale price?
    This lady brought some candle wreaths, and a couple 8 packs of tea lights to my register, and she started telling me the tea lights, after I'd rung them up, were on sale. She found them with the Christmas stuff, so they should be 80% off, like all the rest.
    I called a Seasonal associate to price check, but got no response, so I went to find these tea lights. Why, yes, they are indeed in the seasonal/Christmas leftovers, however, they are clearanced to $4.00 a package.
    One of the packages rang up $4, the other $3.
    I informed her of this, and she asked, "So, where's the discount?"
    "What discount? These are already on clearance, and one of them rang up for less than it should have."
    *go around for another five minutes*
    Lady eventually says, "Well, then, I don't want them."
    Okay.

Why won't they answer my pages?
    I had a lady bring in an opened package of... stain glass leading... or something like that, and she wanted to return it.
    "As far as I know, with our return policy, it's open, it's yours. I can call a manager, and double check, but..."
    "Yes, call a manager, please." *not in a snippy way, more... desperate*
    I call an MOD, and ask her to step over to an empty register so I may take more customers, as I was the only open register today.
    A few minutes pass, lady is talking to customers, and I haven't seen an MOD, so I page again.
    Repeat... four times, before an MOD comes up to do a return for a backup cashier. I catch him before he wanders away, and have him talk to her. He says to go ahead and do it. Fine, but why didn't you respond to my pages?

Texas law and high school girls
    May I just say, right up front, spray paint is not a good subject for a science fair project? Particularly if you're the student buying the supplies? I can't sell spray paint to anyone under 18.

Enter the Clique. All teenaged girls, preppy, blonde (So'm I.) They wander to areas away from the registers, so I don't know what they're looking for.
    Until they return to my register about twenty minutes later, carrying three cans of spray paint. Oh, this' going to be fun, I can feel my heart beat increasing in anxiety already.
    One of them hands me the cans, and I scan one, and ask, "Your birthdate?"
    "My birthdate? '91."
    "Your full birthdate?"
    "Blah/blah/1991."
    I type that in. "Oh, yeah, I can't sell you these. You're under 18."

Clique steps aside, and calls first girl's mom to come in and buy the spray paint.

Wait five minutes, I see Mom come in, and I start preparing to defend myself as to why I didn't sell her daughter spray paint.
    Mom buys spray paint, says nothing. I shrug and let it go, then.
    Last edited by Imogene; 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM. Reason: Wrong year, thanks whoever sent me that PM.
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X