Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't try to get a free meal from me!!

Hello, I have not posted for awhile, although I should have because I have had some really sucky situations lately..but know I can't remember them all. Here is a story from last night though.

This lady comes in and asks to speak to a manager. I walk up to the register and she proceeds to show me a receipt from the day before and stated that she had waited in line for 15 minutes(NOT..we may be slow at times but not that slow!!) and that her mexi rolls were undercooked and her potato ole's were mushy. She then said that she called in and the person who answered the phone told her to just bring in the receipt and we would replace her food.

Well she is full of crap!! (of course I didn't say that out loud) I told her that there was no way that any of the managers would have told her that because our strict policy for mistakes is as follows: We get their name and phone number, write down what the mistake was, what the solution was(replace food etc.), we also date it, write down time the call came in and sign the card. The card gets filed alphabetically. Only shift managers are allowed to take mistake calls! So I asked Adriane (who ran the day shift) if she took such a call..well at closer inspection of the receipt (which is dated and time stamped) we discover that the time was at eight o'clock from that night. Which was my shift..so I asked Catrina (another shift manager who worked with me the night before) if she took such a call..because I know I didn't. She said no!!

So I asked if it was a girl she talked to, because I did have a couple of the male workers answer the phone that night, she said it was a girl who answered..well no one else answered the phone that night!! Just Catrina and I and a couple of the guys!! She was pissed and stomped out saying she would never come back.

Well here is the kicker..I KNOW her..well I know her mother-in-law pretty well!! I guess she must have thought that since I knew her that I would give in to her request..must have been pretty disappointing that I would not!!

Oh ya..another story that just came to mind. I was working the drive thru a few nights ago and this lady came to the speaker and asked for two bean and cheese burritos and a drink. Well when someone asked for bean and cheese I automatically assume that is all they want and I ring it in as 2 burritos no onion, no sauce. I repeat this back to her and she went ballistic!! I heard her saying "geez you can't ring up a burrito right!!!" She gets to the window and she asked Jeff if I was stoned because I did not ring her burrito up right. I was ticked and wanted to say something..but I am too professional to do that.

Well that is all for now!!

well clearly you must be professional and it would be negligent, especially after the early ninties mcdonalds coffee scalding case for you to sell that woman a burrito that could burn her, surely you iced it off before giving it to her, for her safety of course
    DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
    X