This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Frazzlement

I so love football season......it brings out the suck in record numbers.

We had an issue where an area lost their local cable broadcast for one of the big playoff NFL games because the TV station itself had burned to the ground. The station was physically destroyed, kaput, non-functional, practically non-existant save for the piles of smoldering embers and charred bricks.

This would happen on playoff weekend no less.

Here comes the fun..........

SC: I wanna know why my football game isn't on.
    Me: I'm sorry sir, but the station burned down, and we're awaiting authorization to use a different feed to get the shows rebroadcast.
    SC: I don't care about all that. I want to watch my game NOW!
    Me: we are just awaiting the go-ahead to get a different feed in so we can do just that.
    SC: So what are you gonna do for me? You have me on a contract, don't you?
    Me: Well, that would depend on if you signed up for a promotion or not.
    SC: So if I'm under a contract, you have to provide me service.
    Me: Well, we are working on that.
    SC: So what are you going to do to make it right for ME?

Keeping in mind that this happened that morning.

Me: I understand your situation, but unfortunately our hands are tied until we get the go-ahead, since the FCC stated the stations have to authorize us to switch feeds.

Lather/rinse/repeat about 6-7 times. Apparently, the rules of the FCC are of no interest to him as long as he gets to watch the big game of the week. I feel bad for those who were working at the station that day, and am glad they got out okay. If it was up to this lackwit though, he'd have them at the helm, making sure his game stayed on while the station burned down around their ears, taking their lives with it.

May he become a coprophagia and expire.
    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??
Working...
X