Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're gonna need to be a little more specific...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're gonna need to be a little more specific...

My friend, let's call her Red (hair-dye is your friend), worked briefly in her mother's friend's fish and chip shop when she was 13. Technically a little too young to be working, but it was a favour, and it isn't the issue here. She related this story to me, which I make her repeat at various intervals because I find it hilarious.

SC: Sucky/Stupid/Scatterbrained Customer
    RD: My darlin' friend, Red

SC: Yeah, I'd like some fish.
    RD: Uh, sure, what kind? (Not rude, just shy. She'd never worked in retail before)
    SC: Fish!
    RD: Um, you mean you just want a fish and chips?
    SC: NO! I want fish.
    RD: Okay, what kind of fish? We have salmon, marlen, snapper...
    SC: Fish!
    RD: Do you want a piece of battered fish? Like that? (Points to the sign with a picture of fish and chips)
    SC: No!!~!@eleventy!!! I want a fish.
    RD: You want a whole fish?
    SC: Yes!
    RD: What kind?
    SC: FISH!
    RD: There area a lot of kinds of fish...
    SC: GAH! (Stomps off in a huff)
    RD:

She hasn't worked in retail since. Funny that
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

HA! that's like going to a car dealer and saying "I WANT A CAR!"

did that person think Red could read minds??
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Today's fish is trout a la creme.

(I refer of course to the Cat from Red Dwarf harrassing the food machines)

Comment

Definition: Irony

Asking for a fish and Floundering in attempts to get it.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          (I refer of course to the Cat from Red Dwarf harrassing the food machines)

I'm so excited, all six of my nipples are tingling!
          If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

The person probably was the type that's only used to the Generic Fish Product you get at McDonalds or frozen fish sticks from the grocery store.
            Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Not that Red knew it but the customer was trying to play that beloved children's card game 'go fish'. The customer was actually asking for more cards.
              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

That sounded like a Monty Python skit.

Comment

Quoth iradney
                  HA! that's like going to a car dealer and saying "I WANT A CAR!"
                  I would actually get people at the dealership who weren't specific at all about what they wanted.

They would generally fall into two categories:

1. People who knew what they wanted but were intentionally withholding information to try to maintain control during the sales process.

2. People who had bad credit or were buried in negative equity with the car they had. They tended to go from dealer to dealer just to see if they could offload the car and get into a better position with a new one.
                  "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

"You wanna fish? I got your fish right here!"

Almost forgot--I had a similar thing happen years ago at work:

Customer: Excuse me, where are the vitamin supplements.
                    Me: Are you looking for any specific kind? What would you like?
                    Customer: The supplements.
                    Me: Is there a specific one I can help you find?
                    Customer: (PO'ed and addressing me like I'm an unusually stupid sheep or something) THE SUPPLEMENTS!
                    Me: They're over here.
                    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-23-2008, 12:40 AM.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RetailActress View Post
                      That sounded like a Monty Python skit.
                      More like Abbot and Costello! "Who's on first? I don't know. Third base!"
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

It does sound like a Monty Python skit, huh? And she assures me he wasn't drunk or anything. Just as thick astwo short planks.
                        I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

Comment

When I worked at a bookstore for a few months, I had a friend who kept threatening to come in and make me do the bookstore sketch.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            When I worked at a bookstore for a few months, I had a friend who kept threatening to come in and make me do the bookstore sketch.
                            I'm afraid to ask. (Note my name...)
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              Knickerless Nickleby by Charles Dickkens with two Ks...

Comment

Working...
                              X