This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Snickers-VERY LONG

I had ten minutes before my shift was over. The phone was ringing constantly. I finally hung up with the last customer when an older man walks up to the register asking for help.

He points to the ad. He wanted the ten pack Snickers that are on sale for 99 cents.

ME: They're over in aisle five, top right. Let me walk you over.

SC: (walks to aisle 5, grabs some king size Snickers). Here they are!

ME: Sir, those are not the ones on sale. (takes a look at the spot where the 10 pack is supposed to be). Looks like we're out. Would you like a raincheck?

SC: No. The sign here says these Snickers are supposed to be $1.29 or 2/$2.

ME: (Looks at the sign) Sir, those are for the ones next to the Snickers. They say "Hershey Almond King."

SC: Let me see a manager. I don't have time for this nonsense.

ME: (Called manager to aisle five) Sir, he will be with you in just a moment. (Goes back to the register to ring customers. Hear something about a coupon.)

SC: (Comes back up to the register with coupon and candy bars) Here we go.

MANAGER: Sir, you have the wrong size. (Goes back with customer)

SC comes back. I ring his stuff up. The store coupon won't take. I look at it. Expiration date: Last week. Called manager.

SC: Why are you calling the manager?!? (Yelling at this time)

ME: The coupon is expired.

SC: (Interupts me) The manager said I could use it! Why are you giving me such a hard time!

ME: I have to get approval to change prices. (I am starting to get a line. SC is yelling. Other customers are cursing at him)

SC: Forget it! I am never coming into this store again. I want those Snickers 2/$2! Just like the sign says.

ME: (Reads the other sign). Sir, those say, "Nestle Crunch"

SC: I want to talk to the manager! That sign says the candy bars are a dollar each! You better not take down that sign.

ME: I don't intend to. (Calls the manager. Manager comes)

SC: She (refering to me) is giving me a hard time again! *Rants about how horrible of a job I'm doing*

MANAGER: (Looks at the coupon) You said you clipped this coupon today. It expired.

SC: Well, my wife gave me it.

MANAGER: (to me) Give him the Snickers (King size) for $1 each.

SC: I want 8 of them. (manager starts to walk away. I started to ring them). No, I want 10 of them.

MANAGER: (Walks back) You can only get 8. I wasn't even supposed to let you have them for that price. They're not even on sale!

SC: (Accepts deal. Shuts mouth after he realizes what an @$$ he made out of himself).

I pulled the manager aside.

ME: That man belittled me for the last ten minutes. I have been very cordial towards him. I tried to help him in every way possible. He ended up yelling at me. I did not yell at him. Nearly lost it. I have five customers in the store who witnessed the whole thing.

SWEET OLDER LADY: I shop here every week. She was nice. She is nice. She did not yell at him.

MANAGER: Okay.

Later, I ended up talking to my other co-workers, who were in the back of the store. They heard the SC yell at me.

Felt bad for the manager because earlier, one of our regulars demanded the district office's phone number and our store number. He thought the regular was REALLY upset. He went back in the office. Should have seen the look on his face! I talked to her. She had to explain the reason she needed district phone number is because she wants district to know how great we treat her. She even took a list of employee names (which I was on) that she absolutely adored. After he heard that, he signed a breath of relief.

Talk about extremes today!
    Last edited by blaubent; 08-31-2006, 10:42 PM.
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR . . .I hate those kinds of customers. IMO, the manager should have told him he couldn't have them for that price and that was that.

This type of "pacification" by management only reinforces the negative behavior exhibited by SC's. If they get away with it once, they'll attempt the same behavior again.

It's a vicious cycle going that needs to be nipped in the bud.

And I hope he eats every one of those Snickers at one time and gets a bad case of diarrhea.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

And I hope he eats every one of those Snickers at one time and gets a bad case of diarrhea.
      i'm voting for a serious bout of constipation myself; feel that pain, you jackass, suffer from the STRAIN...
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
        IMO, the manager should have told him he couldn't have them for that price and that was that.

This type of "pacification" by management only reinforces the negative behavior exhibited by SC's.
        I was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust about to say something similar. I wholeheartedly agree.
        Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2006, 01:06 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          i'm voting for a serious bout of constipation myself; feel that pain, you jackass, suffer from the STRAIN...
          Oh god... I can see his face now! CBF! :P

Comment

If I were the manager (and I didn't care about my job) I'd say "Sir, if you cannot even READ, you are definetly not entitled to any discount of any kind."

And then trying to pass off an expired coupon? Oh well, at least he didn't try to "trick" you by using magic marker and blacking it out or whiting it out or "accidently" tearing off the expiration date part.

Morons, all of them.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post
              Let me get this straight: He didn't have time for "this nonsense", but had plenty of time to wait around for, and subsequently argue, with a manager?

Some people.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

And here I thought "snickers satisfy you." *sigh* Apparently they just upset him.
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post
                  Quoth MadMike View Post
                  Let me get this straight: He didn't have time for "this nonsense", but had plenty of time to wait around for, and subsequently argue, with a manager?

Some people.

Don't tell me that YOU expect logic from SCs!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

After that jerk ranted at me like that, I would have told the manager he could ring this guy up an unauthorized discount. I'm not doing it on my numbers.
                    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
                    X